EMEIA (preferred location London, UK) The opportunity
As a Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) program lead in Assurance, you'll work closely with our Assurance Talent team and Global BMC Talent team on internal and external communications programs. This includes providing both strategic and hands-on communication support for employee engagement and change initiatives for the more than 88,000 Assurance professionals globally.
In this role, you'll be responsible for helping build communication programs, content and tools that enable the Assurance Talent team and our Regions to stay connected and aligned on key programs. As a member of the Assurance BMC team, you'll also focus on helping drive greater effectiveness and alignment among Executive and Regional Talent teams, and will work closely with internal communications team members, as well as others across brand and marketing functions. Your key responsibilities
You'll be a catalyst that pulls stakeholders together and your success will be the delivery of a comprehensive, world-class internal and external communications strategy that aligns to the Assurance Talent team's and our Global BMC Talent team's efforts to build stronger engagement with our people and inspire high performance.
To make this happen, you'll establish a strong internal network, demonstrate a good understanding of the business and influence colleagues to bring your creative vision to life .
While part of the Assurance BMC group, your time will be focused on supporting the Assurance Talent group, leveraging the experience you've had in developing and implementing communications' programs that encourage action. You'll champion leading-edge approaches to communications, including metrics-lead best practices and channel optimization.
And your success will be measured through programs' key performance indicators, your leadership within the BMC team, feedback from the Talent team and the Firm's Global People Survey engagement scores. Skills and attributes for success
Qualifications: To qualify for the role you must have
- Skilled at managing the development and implementation of strategic communications (enable the input, customization and integration of messages in appropriate channels) in a high pace, agile environment
- Exceptional communication and networking skills, including the ability to develop working relationships with senior-level stakeholders and influence those stakeholders as a trusted advisor
- Outstanding project management skills with strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering the highest quality output
- A real team player, who's comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in a cross-border internal communications role, successfully managing multiple complex projects at a global level with proven results
- A good understanding of the issues impacting the talent agenda of large organisations Proficiency at building networks across complex organizations
- Experience with the use of a variety of digital channels to deliver initiatives to target audiences.
What we look for
- Accounting and/or finance function experience or exposure
- A proven ability to challenge views and perspectives while securing buy-in
- A working knowledge of the change management processes and implementation best practices.
We're looking for an experienced, high energy communications professional who embraces change and innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver world-class BMC initiatives. As our next BMC program leader for Talent, you'll help continue to build a culture that puts our people first; and one that adapts to the needs of the professional of the future, today. If you're an experienced communications professional who has a passion for the talent agenda, we want you on our team. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.