Atkins have an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Assistant Landscape Architect to join our team in Bristol.
Atkins is an award-winning and market-leading global design, engineering and project management consultancy. Our practice wide team of 75 landscape architects, urban designers and masterplanners work throughout the UK and internationally, delivering award-winning and inspiring designs that transform people's lives. We have an established innovative team within Atkins with over 40 years of experience. We are proud of our rich heritage as one of UK's larger landscape practices and the future growth opportunities available within the Atkins landscape, urban design architecture and masterplanning practice.
We are a regionally-focused and nationally-connected practice working in a multi-disciplinary environment. We deliver a diverse portfolio of high-profile landscape, public realm and environmentally focussed projects for the public and private sectors that include Birmingham New Street Station, the Olympic Park, Hampstead Heath and Finberry Park, Ashford.
You will need a qualification in landscape architecture with a design flair and written capabilities to support project delivery from feasibility through to construction. You will have a proactive can-do attitude and demonstrate an innovative approach, high-quality presentation and communication skills, and confidence in undertaking site surveys and writing technical reports. We are looking for good interpersonal skills, fluency in English, and an ability to work in a stimulating multi-disciplinary environment as part of an integrated team with an inquisitive approach to their work.You will need to demonstrate the following capabilities and experience:
- Landscape Design, supporting projects from feasibility through to detail design;
- Ability to support contract documentation and site supervision;
- LVIA in accordance with the latest best practice guidance, planning process and EIA;
- Working within a multidisciplinary environment;
- Technical knowledge, high-quality presentation and communication skills; and
- Familiarity with working in a quality assurance environment (desirable).
You need to be proficient in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite and have knowledge of 3-D software packages - experience of BIM compliant packages including: Revit, 3D Civils or Vectorworks will be an advantage. Communication through hand drawing is also invaluable.
In return, we offer the opportunity to develop, learn and work with a diverse team of specialists across different region on award-winning high-profile projects with a competitive salary and benefits package. There are training opportunities, and career development support that includes technical, project and business management skills with one of the UK's leading design consultancies.Your rewards and benefits will include:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance"
- 25-day annual leave allowance plus Bank Holidays with flexibility to buy/sell annual leave
- Annual LI membership professional fees paid for
- Experienced Pathway to Chartership mentors with study leave for exam prep and fees paid
- 2 paid days a year to be used for volunteer activities
- Cheaper gym memberships and many other money saving opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme (entitling you to a tax free bike)
- Discounted rates on gadget insurance and other services
- Option to purchase additional benefits such as dental, holiday insurance at reduced rates
- Season ticket loans for annual travel expenses
- Employee Assistance Programme - with free access to specialist advice and counselling