Essex County Council is offering a range of benefits to its employees via their Total Rewards Hub. Benefits may vary depending on role, location and length of service.
- Professional training and development, including payment of professional fees for approved professions
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Life assurance of three times annual salary for pension scheme members
- Relocation package up to £8,000 where agreed
- Private medical health insurance for senior level employees and their partner (can also cover children at an additional cost)
- Eyecare vouchers
- Childcare vouchers through salary sacrifice
Holiday – Up to 29 days’ annual leave plus purchase and there is the opportunity to buy up to 5 days’ additional holiday each year!
The National Cycle to Work Scheme offers savings of up to 42% on bikes and accessories, and up to the value of £1,000 tax free. There is also the option of interest-free loans up to the value of £650. Or alternatively, you could hire a pool bike!
ECC cycle parking is available at most ECC offices. County Hall itself offers secure parking for around 125 cyclists, over 24 lockers and a drying area underneath Seax House, Chelmsford with showers and changing facilities.
Working for ECC means that you are eligible for fantastic discounts when travelling to work with Greater Anglia. You may also be interested in and eligible for an interest free season ticket loan.
- First Bus Travel Discounts
ECC employees can also enjoy a range of discounts on First Essex buses. You may also be interested in and eligible to join the Arriva Employer Travel Club and First Bus Corporate Travel club for more substantial discounts on monthly and annual season tickets, as well as an interest free season ticket loan.
We have an Essex Car Share website which will help you to find potential car share partners.
- Give As You Earn (GAYE) – Charitable giving through payroll deduction
- Subsidised Restaurant and Cafés
- Cashback on purchases via the Total Reward Hub.
Alongside the standard benefits package that Essex County Council (ECC) provides, ECC has secured a range of discounts for their employees with local retailers. There are a range of discounts available including discounts on meals, family days out, gym memberships and health and beauty products. Discounts range from 5% to 25%.