MBDA WS Cyber Security Graduate 2022
The Cyber Security department delivers effective information security solutions for complex weapon systems and their associated sub-systems, providing documentation and evidence to support security approval and accreditation activities within the programme context.
What's the Opportunity?
You will be involved in:
- Identifying security risks within complex weapon systems, products and solutions and ensuring that those risks are addressed by the implementation and delivery of effective and balanced security measures.
- Assisting in the timely integration of information assurance activities with the weapon system engineering, design, manufacturing and support programmes.
- Contribution to, and conduct of, trade studies related to weapon system information security.
- Providing security documentation and evidence to meet MOD security accreditation requirements.
- Involvement in the entire systems engineering lifecycle of delivered weapon systems including specification of security requirements and development of security architectures,
- Help develop security architectures to enable sustainable evolution of security architectures through life. Supporting hardware, electronics and software developments.
- Contributing to corporate information assurance knowledge and capability and maintaining knowledge of technology development and implications for information security.
- Working with manufacturing to ensure that the security design is repeatable through the production chain, and the product is secure through the delivery and return chains.
Your role will give you:
- Exposure to each of the stages of the product development life-cycle:
- Understanding the required behaviours from a variety of viewpoints,
- Architecture design and specification,
- Integration, test, and analysis of achieved performance.
- Potential to travel nationally and internationally.
- Opportunity to work in a lab-based environment.
- Opportunities to develop practical cyber security skills such as "pen testing", "capability and vulnerability analysis" in the new cyber lab. In order to de risk security solutions.
- Engaging with stakeholders, engineering teams and sub-contractors to provide direction, guidance and support on acceptable and balanced information security solutions.
- Liaison with customers, accreditors and national/ international technical authorities.
- Experience in generation of information security Risk Assessments, Risk Treatment Plans and Risk Management and Accreditation Documents.
Degree qualified in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other related discipline to a minimum of 2:2.
A basic experience or understanding of cyber security including current cyber technologies and the current challenges in the cyber space.
And an ability to:
- See the bigger picture, over focusing on the detail.
- Adapt your existing knowledge to other engineering domains.
- Adapt between customer-focused and technical-focused activities.
- An innovative mind-set with the ability to challenge the "normal".
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.