MBDA Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation 10 Month Placement Bristol 2022
The Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation (WSSE) department designs and develops leading-edge software applications used to support battlefield simulations.
The simulations that WSSE develop evolve in-line with the lifecycle of the programmes from concept demonstrations with customers, to Integration Trials & Training with in-service operators meaning you will get to work with a variety of different teams!
Our Simulations are at the fore-front of problem solving across a broad spectrum of MBDA's programmes, focusing on improving MBDA's Agility and Time to Market. The opportunity:
Be a part of our development teams developing, integrating and deploying our simulations components across the business. Experience first-hand, presenting to and working with our customers to iteratively improve our products to final delivery.
You will be involved in:
- Assisting key projects, alongside highly experienced engineers, across parts of the MBDA development lifecycle.
- Working with other areas of the business such as Human Factors, Future Systems and Sales and Business Development.
- Working directly with customer representatives and military personnel in order to both extend and demonstrate our current and future capabilities.
Your role will give you:
- Experience of software development methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall.
- Training for new programming languages and software tools.
- Experience integrating software applications together and deployment onto hardware environments.
- Experience exchanging software components with other software and modelling teams.
- Opportunity to develop and test code within professional software development teams.
Currently studying in a science or engineering subject area such as Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mathematics, or a related subject.
Programming experience from degree or personal projects.
Experience of some of the following would be advantageous;
Why choose us?
- Software Engineering.
- System Engineering.
- Object-orientated Programming in C-like Languages (C++, C#, Java).
- Development Environments (Visual Studio, Eclipse).
- Networking & Networking Protocols.
- Algorithms (Flight dynamics, rotational geometry).
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.