Posted on August 2, 2019
Term: Contract Duration: 6 months Reports to: Secretarial Manager Practice group: Business Services Location: Watford The department
Our team of business services staff play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit staff into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of staff at all levels. Whilst initially a 6 month fixed term contract, with opportunities continually arising in our Watford office, there is the possibility for the contract to be extended or to become a permanent role.
Purpose of role
To provide administrative support to the Dispute Resolution department in the Watford office.
- Audio/copy typing and amending of letters, documents and other correspondence- consistent with the firm's house style
- Filing, photocopying, printing, scanning and archiving documents
- Basic diary management on outlook
- Answering telephone calls, relaying/updating the appropriate individual
- Assisting legal secretaries and paralegals
- Printing billing guides using webview
- Updating InterAction, inputting contacts and client data
- Follow-up on outstanding documents
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Accurate typing
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Composed and professional telephone manner
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Able to use own initiative and work calmly under pressure
- Enthusiastic, proactive with a willingness to learn
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com .
Diversity and inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email email@example.com - Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email .
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.