Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 41 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.Department Profile
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, has more than 590 investment professionals around the world and about $500 billion in assets under management or supervision. Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide
The European Insurance Solutions team supports the construction and provision of suitable products and solutions for all clients. We facilitate insurance and regulatory knowledge across the business, liaising with all departments internally including portfolio management, sales, operations and reporting, client relationship management, risk and compliance and so on, to ensure the appropriate provision of service. We also support elements of branding and marketing, positioning, and raising the profile of our franchise. We are now looking to add an excellent Vice President or Executive Director to our team.Role description
Qualifications Skills Required
- Manage and provide new industry trend and asset allocation analytics that are useful for client liaison. To be updated at least semi-annually.
- Compile/drive compilation of at least one white paper per year. Support the monitoring, summarising and dissemination of relevant Solvency II and accounting developments to internal departments and clients.
- Support production of European insurance mailers.
- Manage an annual calendar of European insurance event participation.
- Manage the annual European Insurance Conference Roadshow and drive/support other insurance-specific events (eg attendance of important industry conferences, hosting other client events such as roundtables, etc).
- Assist in management of RFPs as required.
- Manage the quarterly updating of insurance AUM database with CAO team.
- Support collaboration with all MSIM departments to consider products and offer services aligned with client needs.
- Identification of European business opportunities.
- Coordination of project workflows across fixed income portfolio management, sales, legal and compliance, etc.
- Attend client meetings, conferences and external events representing MSIM and externally.
Successful candidates to demonstrate the following:
- Good knowledge of Solvency II and implications for insurance business is essential
- Good knowledge of insurance business in the UK
- An understanding of relevant IFRS developments
- CFA, actuarial, accounting background is preferable
- Experience in insurance solutions environment, client facing.