So what's the role all about?
You will be an experienced Maintenance Surveyor; a construction professional looking to join a progressive Housing Association which places customers at the heart of everything we do. Joining the "In house repairs team" (Direct Labour Organisation or DLO) you will be a key member of the Voids Team, employed as part of the service to drive results - we want to provide customers with exceptional services and significantly reduce re-let times.
This role can offer hybrid working, meaning you will be required to be in the office for around 2/3 days a week with the rest being from home, however we may need you to be in the office more within your probation, whilst you get up to speed.Some of the key tasks and responsibilities include:
Skills/Qualifications Essential Desirable
- The main purpose of the role is to focus on pre-tenancy termination inspections across the East Midlands and help us 'get ahead of time' by identifying plans for void works early and working with outgoing customers to ensure a smooth transition.
- We currently have two main workstreams, responsive repairs and voids. We benefit from the mobile site team having a high level of mobile technology, all built round a central business model of supporting the engineer to give our customers the best possible service.
- Value is at the heart of what we do. We want to obtain value through robust procurement, effective contract and productivity management as well as increased first time solutions. You will be a key player in achieving value in our voids services, ensuring quality homes are delivered swiftly for new customers. You will manage the pre-termination process working with outgoing customers to ensure we receive our properties back in the condition we would expect and managing the recharge process, where required.
- A key part of your role will be to work with our lettings and tenancy teams to ensure the effective management of the outgoing process and identifying works requiring longer lead in times. You will ensure actions are taken to minimise delays in turning voids around. Your work will take you across the Midlands, mostly working along the MI corridor.
- You will work with the Contract Supervisors to plan voids, providing technical guidance to the teams and will assist with the management of major works voids. You will work with the Voids Manager to ensure the relationship with subcontractors in maintained and performance is effectively managed. You will have a proactive and structured approach to ensure you are 'ahead of the game'. You will be passionate and knowledgeable; maintaining a 'tight grip' on health and safety and will be experienced in overseeing site-based operations.
- Working with a team of Operatives is a key part of the role - providing guidance and instruction to achieve exceptional results. The ideal candidate will be a confident, experienced Surveyor, collaborative in their approach and driven to achieve. Equally comfortable 'working in the field' or in the office you will demonstrate agility to work on delivery of multiple projects, combining technical knowledge with the ability to accurately demonstrate value. You will understand the importance of and embrace teamwork with strong communication skills required to ensure delivery of quality voids, delivered on time.
- You will be experienced in building maintenance, and ideally comfortable with scheduling tools and housing management systems, monitoring and performance management. You will work with Contract Supervisors and the Voids Manager to continuously improve results. Collaborative in your approach, you will be comfortable supporting and covering for others and have experience of both void and responsive maintenance.
- We have embedded tools, using National Housing Federation Schedule of Rates as our 'internal currency' throughout the repairs and voids service. We use Castleton (MRI) Maintain (Formally Impact Response) as our main tool for operative's diary management and job costing. We also have Finance accounts systems and a wealth of internal platforms to support you to achieve.
- It's an exciting opportunity to join an established team undergoing a period of change in it's journey to excel in delivery.
- You will be comfortable covering for other Contract Supervisors in either workstream and will take part in the out of hours rota in support of the wider maintenance team.
Asbestos Awareness Yes
HNC in Building or QBE Yes
Driving Licence Yes
CDM Awareness or QBE Yes
Experience of scheduling building/planned maintenance works and contract administration Yes Please refer to the attached job description to find out more... What's in it for you?Hybrid working -
This role permits you to work from home 2/3 days per week. You may be required in the office more during your probation period.Holidays -
Starting at 26 days plus bank holidays with an increase of 3 days (pro rata for part time staff) after completion of 3 years' service.Flexible working -
You can work flexibly in terms of your work pattern and location, subject to business need and agreement with your manager. Admittedly some of our roles do require more structured working patterns than others.Wellbeing initiative -
We have a wellbeing team who offer all sorts of initiatives with your health and wellbeing in mind. Anything from gardening tips to yoga, desk stretch and Zumba. We also offer a self-referral service to Money Advice Plus (MAP) to support with any holistic debt, budgeting, and welfare benefit advice, and we pick up the cost for this service. Plus, an employee helpline if you need a little extra support.Performance Related Pay -
We want to recognise exceptional performance and you can earn up to 10% on top of your base salary for achieving corporate and individual targets, and completion of all essential compliance tasks. We hold an annual awards event which celebrates colleagues' success and achievements. In addition, we operate an annual bonus payment scheme based on monthly votes made by colleagues.Pension -
We have two schemes one with the Social Housing Pension Scheme and the other with Aegon. In both schemes you can elect to pay between 3% and 5% of your pensionable salary each month and we will make a contribution of double your percentage. However, the maximum amount we will pay is 10%.Your development -
We want you to be the best that you can and to go on to succeed in whatever role suits you. With that in mind, your development is close to our hearts, so we offer rewards for your professional development because we care about you doing well.
We also offer a Health Cash Plan, Bike 2 Work Scheme, Flu Vaccination, Long Service Awards, Interest Free Loan and Perkbox discounts.& much more! Check out our handy benefits flyer to see what else we can offer you!Our EDI Policy:
At PA Housing, communities are at the heart of everything we do. We know how important it is to be representative of our customers and the communities we serve, and we have always committed to creating an inclusive approach to our recruitment process to ensure that we are hiring from a diverse talent pool of people. We're an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from any individual who has the relevant skills and experience for the role, inclusive of any protected characteristics such as gender identity, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation and age.
At PA Housing, we pride ourselves in being a disability confident employer and support our applicants with any additional adjustments they may require during their application process. We take a flexible approach to working, and support part-time hours, job shares, where possible and provide a salary sacrifice option for childcare vouchers.
As part of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, actively hiring women into this role is one our objectives to increase and promote diversity at PA Housing. If you have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please apply on our recruitment portal via our company website.
Equality, diversity and inclusion | PA HousingSo who are we?
PA Housing is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property - it's about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 24,000 homes and employ 600 plus staff to provide a high standard of service to our householders.
Our success and our plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff members. Every one of our employees help to make a difference to the lives of our residents and other local people, and we look after our team members well.Disclosure and Barring Service:
This role of requires the successful candidate to complete a basic DBS check. A basic DBS check will show any unspent convictions.
So why do we need to know this information? This role will be required to visit / support PA Housing residents in their own homes on a regular basis. Therefore we have a duty to our residents to ensure that we have taken precautions regarding who will be visiting them and representing PA Housing.
Having unspent convictions will not necessarily preclude you from being recruited into the role; if you are potentially the successful candidate, we will complete a risk assessment with you to understand the circumstances around your conviction, how relevant they are to the post you have applied for and what remedial action , if any, have you have taken since your conviction. Suitable references will also need to be obtained prior to commencement of employment.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
We're happy to consider flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
AGENCIES: We know where you are if we need your support so please do not contact us.
To apply for this role please click on the apply button or for any enquiries please email [email protected]