Position: Enforcement Officer Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Hours: 37.5 hours, Flexible Shift Pattern - 16 hours to be done between 4pm-9pm Monday-Friday or anytime at weekend. Salary: £21,216 basic salary plus commission (annual average is £5,856 but earning potential is uncapped) Business mileage allowance: 45p (paid from and to home address) Benefits: include 23 days holiday, pension, share save scheme, dental plan, discounted insurance
Job title: Visiting Officer Wolverhamton
In this role you will be visiting addresses that don't have a valid TV Licence. You will explain the legislation, help the customer understand our payment options and where necessary conduct an interview under caution.
• Conduct door to door visits to properties where no TV licence is registered
• Accurately record visit details and complete daily timesheets via the handheld device
• Explain and sell the benefits of all licence payment schemes
• Take and accurately record payment details
• Attend court when required to give evidence in prosecution cases
• Carry out work and attend meetings as directed by the Visiting Manager
• Maintain an effective deterrent against evasion of the TV licence
• Maximise sales for the BBC
• Enforce prosecution proceedings by taking Records of Interview under caution
• Update and improve the TV licensing database
We are looking for a confident person who is firm but fair, treating all customers with empathy and understanding. You will be able to deal assertively with conflict and have the ability to quickly build a rapport using your negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills. You will have excellent customer service skills and be very results driven. If you enjoy working outdoors and are looking for a role that offers job security and gives you a level of flexible working then this could be the perfect job for you.
Successful applicants are subject to passing a Standard DBS Check & Financial Probity Check
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.