Job Description: UK Claims Vendor Manager Reporting to: Group Head of Claims, Vendor Management Location: York or Manchester based -
Due to COVID restrictions currently a home based role; but post COVID, 3 or 4 days a week home working and 1 or 2 days a week in the Hiscox York or Manchester office can be accommodated. Competitive base salary + bens + pension + bonus
Great opportunity to join an inclusive and supporting team who select, contract with, and manage our 3 rd party vendors, not just to get value for money but also to ensure Hiscox Values are carried through the claims lifecycle. To be successful, you need to have a great eye for legal detail and excellent contract framework creation and maintenance skills. You'll also be as happy in the legal detail as you are in front of senior stakeholders across our business The role:
This diverse and developing role currently has four primary aspects.
- Working with the rest of the team to overhaul and upgrade the world-wide supply chain in the claims function through rigorous tender, due diligence and contract frameworks with an increasing focus on reporting and data analytics. This will mean engaging with Hiscox staff at every level and working with the Group Head of Claims Vendor Management to constantly ensure that contract precedents are in line with new laws and regulations.
- Support the teams digital journey and the Group Claims transformation programme through which we will build a data led operating model and function which will improve BU profitability by driving down LAE and indemnity whilst providing improved insight for our underwriters and a superior omni-channel experience for our customers.
- Management of our UK retail claims delegated authorities, including TPAs and Cover holders, in line with local regulation and Group standards. This involves working alongside the DA underwriting team / conduct team/and compliance teams to ensure consistency in our approach to managing our claims delegations and;
What you'll be doing as UK Claims Vendor Manager:
- Deliver (via a robust governance model) demonstrably market leading levels of service to our customers, and through streamlining processes and deploying our own technology to our core providers more effectively, delivering demonstrable cost savings to the Group.
Working with the Group Head of Claims Vendor Management and Claims team, you will:
About the Claims Vendor Management Team:
- Promote a customer centric agenda when it comes to third party providers.
- Develop corporate relationships with existing and potential service providers to build service levels to deliver the Hiscox brand promise.
- Draft, negotiate and govern all third party claim contracts.
- Define and continually develop the service standards required from our supply chain.
- Support a team-wide program of digitisation from contract management; due diligence and invoice payment.
- Support and develop (through collaboration) with our partners specific deliverables on Diversity & Inclusion.
- Implement, orchestrate and continuingly develop the world-wide third party governance model, including oversight and management of the claims audit program.
- Establish, implement and manage systems and processes to monitor and measure service provision through the entire supply chain to ensure that we know 'what good looks like'.
- Derive and own on-going service improvement initiatives with third parties and the wider Hiscox company.
- Assist in running sensitive programs.
- Support continuing development of Hisconect2.0 (3rd party contractual/governance digital cloud-based repository). and use of ContractPodAI (cloud based contracting platform).
- Interact with and assist other departments within the Group (including claims; compliance; and Underwriting).
- Deputise (were appropriate) at various over-sight steering groups and committees.
- Research new opportunities to constantly deliver cutting-edge service.
Headed up by the Group Head of Claims Vendor management who reports directly to the Chief Claims Officer, the team of 11 is a multi-skilled, flexible working team that supports Hiscox UK; Hiscox London Markets; Hiscox Europe and Hiscox USA. The team is based in the UK; Portugal and the USA.
They are a hands on team with a core objective to make certain Hiscox claims selects third party vendors that are, and remain aligned with the group brand values and that they fulfil their contractual obligations to Hiscox. The team develops/drafts all third party contracts, tender documentation and conducts the required due diligence on all claim vendors. They also host governance review sessions and audit de-briefs; and they are actively involved on a number of management committees/steering groups and make a major contribution to the on-going focus concerning the Groups claims transformation programme; conduct, privacy, and information security.
It's a very busy team with a big remit and plenty of autonomy to improve processes, solve problems and exploit opportunities to raise service for customers and manage our costs.
Person Specification: Our must-haves:
- Must have experience and knowledge of the Insurance industry either from within an insurer, a regulator or law firm.
- Degree level education, 2.1 or above, preferably in Law or closely related subject.
- Contract experience - ability to draft and comprehend complex contracts.
- Strong relationship building skills and stakeholder engagement; demonstrated through a history working with senior management in the insurance or related industries.
- Creative, proactive, logical and innovative - you do not accept the status quo.
- Experience of using analytical techniques to interpret data and build subsequent service improvement plans.
- Able to support the vision and deliver to this; working on a number of levels from oversight to 'doing'.
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response and flexibility is critical to success.
- Proven success in delivering change initiatives and a good understanding of project techniques and lifecycle.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, service and problem management.
- Experience in developing service standards to deliver a brand's service vision.
- Experience in building relationships to create a supplier management culture throughout a supply chain.
- Experience of implementing systems and processes to determine and monitor customer satisfaction.
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.
#LI-AS1If you would like to know more about the role, or you are having any difficulties with the application process please send your CV and the four-digit job ref number to[email protected]