About the team
The PwC Valuations team (of around 170 people) provides advice on the valuation of shares, businesses, real estate, capital equipment and debt and derivative instruments to a wide range of clients, including property companies and institutional investors, government offices, private equity houses, family businesses, multinational conglomerates and individuals.
Clients come to us to obtain our advice on valuation for many reasons, including to support them in transactions, provide expert advice in disputes, negotiate valuations with the tax authorities and to comply with their financial reporting, regulatory or tax requirements.
As valuers we need to fully understand our clients' commercial realities and those of the industries in which they operate. Our objective is to provide our clients with commercial, pragmatic valuation analysis that draws on industry insight and is grounded in technical excellence.About the role
As a Senior Associate within our Valuations business you will have the opportunity to work on high profile engagements with clients ranging from global private equity houses to large listed corporates. You will work within the Real Estate Valuations team which forms part of, and is co-located within, our wider Real Estate Deals team, allowing you to develop your industry knowledge and provide sector insights to clients and senior stakeholders.
The role will be based in London but with the potential to travel throughout the UK and overseas depending on client requirements. The team provides real estate value advisory services on a global basis and deals with virtually all property types/sectors.
This is an exciting time to join our Valuations business, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within PwC's valuations team. You'll be using data and analytics/technology tools to develop our valuations business in a rapidly growing market.Responsibilities
You will be active across all areas of our work and with exposure to clients and their advisors in order to support and develop our provision of real estate orientated advice to external and internal clients.
Responsibilities will include the following
Essential Skills and Experience
- Working on valuation, due diligence and corporate real estate assignments. This will be under supervision as part of a team but working independently on key work streams (depending on skills and experience);
- Carrying out reviews of asset valuations in support of audit, tax, dispute or transaction purposes;
- Undertake financial modelling as part of the valuation process;
- Preparation of presentations / reports;
- Working alongside other PwC teams / specialist lines of service (such as assurance, due diligence, tax or business valuations);
- Take responsibility for engagement acceptance and risk management procedures, including managing budgets and resources;
- Supporting senior team members in the development of new business in the sector, including preparation of proposals and pitches, attendance at presentations and identifying opportunities for sell-on of existing work.
The following skills are required for this role
- RICS qualified (or other similar real estate qualification), with up to 3 years post qualification experience, obtained mainly within Valuations
- Good knowledge of commercial real estate markets
- Willingness to learn and take on a high degree of responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating at all levels
- Ability to work effectively in teams and, on occasion, to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to deliver high quality written work
- Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think laterally
- Good MS Excel and Argus modelling skills (and preferably some financial modelling experience)
- Strong attention to detail
- Good project and time management skills
- Professional verbal and written English
You'll be joining an experienced and diverse team that will welcome your outlook and knowledge while also helping you to broaden and deepen your understanding of real estate valuation and advisory. You'll have the opportunity to take increasing amounts of responsibility and ownership of projects as your experience develops whilst being provided with required and flexible support.