24/06/19 Closing date:
Competitive Multiple roles available
EY's Financial Services (FS) Tax practice provides tax advisory, transactions and compliance services to a variety of clients in the Financial Services market ranging from some of the world's largest multinational institutions, corporations and funds.
The US compliance reporting team continues to experience growth due to strong client demand from London based clients. The opportunity
Our London based team of US-qualified tax professional are a growing practice of 50 individuals focused on providing excellent client service to the asset management industry including real estate, private equity and hedge funds and their management companies.
The team is highly dynamic and is looking for motivated, energetic and collaborative individuals to join the US team in London. The team is looking for managers to help grow the team this year.Qualifications: Your key responsibilities
The role will involve overseeing hedge fund and private equity US tax compliance processes for your clients with appropriate consideration of risk, operational, and tax technical issues. Researching US tax legislation and explaining the impact to asset management clients will be required as part of contributing to tax consulting projects. Working within a team you will be expected to coach new staff members and share knowledge and experience when required also. You will also be expected to coordinate multiple engagement teams' schedules and deadlines as well as coaching team members and sharing experience/knowledge with them. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player.
- Practical experience with partnership allocations including an understanding of revaluation accounts.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Willingness to learn new concepts with minimal guidance.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Valid CPA
- EA or equivalent qualification or Degree / Master's degree in accounting or taxation (or equivalent).
- Funds/Advisory/Private Equity/Real Estate knowledge or similar
- FS industry and product knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of corporate and international tax returns and related US tax laws.
What we look for
- Experience managing cross-border teams of 2-6 people.
- Background in financial services, ideally working with hedge fund and private equity clients in a US tax capacity.
We're interested to hear from highly motivated individuals who are open to expanding their network & explore ways to evolve into a global professional, in line with the future of EY. We're looking for someone who has a background in both tax accounting and compliance and has excellent client relationship skills. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.