Posted on June 4, 2019
PQE: 0-2 Term: Permanent Reports to: Partner Practice group: People, Reward and Mobility Location: United Kingdom Purpose of role
An excellent opportunity has arisen within our People, Reward and Mobility department for an associate, who is 0-2 years PQE. This is an exciting and challenging role for someone keen to develop their current knowledge within pensions.
The team acts for many recognised organisations, including private or public companies, pension scheme trustees, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and government bodies. These clients expect excellent levels of advice and service.
At Dentons, you will get involved with regulatory and trustee work as well as both contentious and non-contentious work. Our team works on the pensions elements of the most significant cross-border M&A transactions and work on behalf of an enviable client base.
The team cover a wide range of pension matters, including pension benefit changing exercises, pension fund deficits, restructuring, de-risking, merging and winding-up of pension schemes.
Key duties include:
- You will take a supporting role on a variety of pension matters across a range of clients
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Contribute to business development
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of pension matters
- Knowledge of corporate transactions
- You will ideally have experience of working with international clients
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Dedicated to exceptional client service
- Willingness to participate in marketing activities
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
- Proactive, enjoys taking responsibility for work and committed to developing a career in pensions
- Able to interact positively at all levels and be a good team player
- Able to prioritise and multi-task particularly when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
- Hardworking and enthusiastic approach to work
- Self-motivated and determined
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com
Diversity & Inclusion
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and encouraging diversity. This is right for our staff and for our business.
Our promotion of diversity helps us achieve our aims: by creating and maintaining a firm-wide culture of inclusion, the unique talents and potential of all our workforce can be recognised, encouraged and supported.
Diversity and Inclusion are becoming increasingly important to our clients and many now seek appropriate assurance that we match their own corporate aspirations in this regard.
We are proud that in the Firm's most recent staff engagement survey 78% of respondents felt that we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences and that everyone is given equal opportunities for career development.
We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please contact email@example.com