UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.Purpose of the role:
To contribute to the business by underwriting new & renewal business, developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing brokers, building strong client relationships and working to carry out agreed strategies.Accountabilities for the role:
- Ensure that AIG procedures are consistently implemented.
- Maintain AIG standards and service levels.
- Prepare bespoke policy documentation for review by Senior Underwriters.
- Maintain focus on industry practices, developments and pricing.
- Produce accurate and timely management information for senior management.
- Underwrite and service risks to an acceptable AIG standard.
- Develop a profitable book of business through a selection of brokers.
- Make informed underwriting decisions within the authority delegated.
- Produce files for Self-Audits to the agreed AIG Casualty standards.
- Implement the London Casualty strategy & processes.
- Build on the Company profile in the market.
- Work with other areas in Casualty/AIG to achieve corporate objectives.
- Work within AIG Casualty Best Practices and underwriting guidelines.
- Comply with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities.
- Carry out accountabilities & objectives within the framework of AIG's TCF.
- Liaise with AIG service centres (e.g. policy issuance unit, multinational team, major accounts practice service team).
- Implement AIG underwriting policies, practices and procedures.
- Help the team to achieve London Casualty budget and profitability goals by being part of an effective underwriting process.
- Ensure that AIG customers are treated fairly in accordance with AIG standards and maintain high service levels to both internal and external customers.
- Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Ideally ACII qualified or working towards (or equivalent).
- Proficient knowledge of Casualty underwriting principles and practice.
- Basic knowledge of Liability products.
- Proficient knowledge of key regulatory requirements.
- Proven general underwriting experience, preferably in Casualty lines.
- Good risk analysis and technical skills.
- Ability to build relationships with brokers and senior management.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise workload.
- Proven ability to work within a team framework.
- Ability to influence others to develop business, negotiate agreement or influence regional management to support decisions and actions.
- Takes personal responsibility for career development.
- Self-motivated and uses own initiative for both internal and external issues.
- Ability to maintain a flexible approach and adapt rapidly to changing work environments.
- Possess a basic understanding of the broker and client operational environment.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.