Do you want to help shape the future of one of the leading science and innovation campuses in the UK?
The Culham Science Centre is an 80 ha science and technology campus, which is owned and managed by UKAEA - the National Fusion Energy Laboratory. The aspiration is to build a world-leading fusion cluster to enable the national laboratory, business and universities to work together on the big challenges of delivering fusion energy, the process that powers the sun.
UKAEA has recently received substantial investment to refresh and develop out the campus, and has a refurbishment and development pipeline in excess of £200m over the next 5 years.
To deliver on such a large scale, the Property Department want to recruit a range of individuals with experience in the following specialist areas:
- Property Development, Financing and Asset Management
- Construction Project Management
- Building and Quantity Surveyors
- Records / Building Information Management
- Refurbishment and Facilities Management
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. Our Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our Organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
For further information on why UKAEA is a great place to work please review our recruitment video via the following link:
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Previous demonstrable experience of working in the construction and / or commercial buildings industry - The ability to work in a matrix organisation - Good communication skills across a range of disciplines and levels - A desire to achieve results - Innovative with the ability to solve problems
- Knowledge of nuclear fusion - Previous experience working for a scientific / academic organisation
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
- Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received. - Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews. - The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.