Term: Permanent Reports to: Senior Business Development Manager, FIS Practice group: Business Development Location: UK Virtual or Scotland or Warsaw Purpose of role
The Senior Business Development Executive will provide support on marketing and business development activity across the Banking Practice. The role will be driven by the Banking Practice's strategic growth and development objectives in relation to UKI, and will focus on business development initiatives, proposals, events, sponsorship management, client relationship management and client targeting.
Supporting the project management of transactional and strategic proposals: providing input on approach and team formations; drafting, creating, reviewing and editing content; ensuring adherence to branding requirements; ensuring adherence to pricing procedures.
- Helping to monitor panel appointments and inputting Banking practice content as required.
- Developing high quality materials for use in proposals to convey UKI positioning, experience and sales messages to clients and targets. Ensure that this content is replicated in appropriate systems and all communication channels.
- Acting as practice ambassador for proposal best practice to ensure understanding and compliance of the proposal process.
- Working with the Banking Assistant to log proposals on relevant systems and updating outcome results. Analysing win/lose rates and make recommendations as to how to improve performance.
Events and sponsorship management:
Working with our Marketing and Business Development teams to work on the planning and implementation of high-impact client events, both in person and virtual.
- Qualifying proposals for new events in line with our strategic objectives and our wider event programme.
- Drafting invitations and creating bespoke target lists for each event, working with the InterAction team and Creative team to generate invitations and invite lists.
- Organising all logistics and running the event (including Zoom set up where relevant), either virtually or in-person.
- Sourcing client entertainment options and maximising hospitality opportunities through our ongoing sponsorships.
- Ensuring that we maximise the client engagement opportunities afforded by these sponsorships.
- Managing webinars and editing content for follow-up circulation.
- Recording ROI in our CRM system following the event and ensuring leads are followed up on.
Assisting with the development, targeting and management of campaigns to promote our capabilities. These campaigns will be both UK and cross regional, focused on client needs and enable us to strengthen existing relationships and develop new client opportunities.
- Drafting and designing marketing content together with the Senior Manager (eg. both client and internal communications, email and web content).
- Engaging with the Digital team for online campaign roll out.
- Ensuring on and offline marketing collateral is compliant with visual identity guidelines, working in conjunction with digital marketing and PR executives, brand and design teams.
- Tracking ROI, and measuring and acting on feedback in relation to campaigns.
Client relationship management and client targeting
Working with our Business Development teams and our key client team to assist with the management and development of our most significant client relationships.
- Assisting with input into client development plans and internal reporting.
- Coordinating client team calls and ensuring action points are progressed.
- Conducting research on sectors, organisations or individuals, liaising with the Intelligence and Insights team, and our library where necessary.
- Identifying opportunities for us to solicit feedback from our clients.
- Working with the Clients & Markets DBSE team, to co-ordinate contributions and input into business development systems including InterAction, Creds Bank, proposals and CV databases for supporting initiatives such as events, our key client programme, proposals, experience statement compilation and legal directory submission.
- Updating website and intranet content.
- Managing internal communications for the Banking team, including drafting regular updates and alerts on business development activity and having oversight of the Banking and Finance portal.
- Supporting external profile raising activity, including working with our PR team to issue press releases, managing the process for distributing legal technical articles and assisting the Banking lawyers with regards to leveraging social media.
- Monitoring business development spend against budget and ensuring payment of invoices relating MBD activity.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Significant relevant marketing and organisational experience.
- Experience of working in a legal and/or professional services environment.
- Understands when to act and when to ask.
- Builds trust amongst fee earning teams and wider stakeholder community.
- Understands the need and has the ability to manage expectations.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and deputise for their line manager when required.
- Sound working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Qualification Requirements of the Role
- Graduate calibre with demonstrable and/or professionally recognised marketing or communications qualification (such as CIM, etc.).
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com .Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please email [email protected] NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email [email protected]
- Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email .
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.