The Business Investment, Risk and Reinsurance
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance. Insurance, Consulting and Technology
Insurance Consulting and Technology (ICT) forms part of the Investment, Risk and Reinsurance (IRR) segment at Willis Towers Watson. ICT is primarily focused on the insurance industry providing consultancy to leading global insurers in the Life & PC sector. As an advisor to more than three-quarters of the world's major insurers, Willis Towers Watson's Insurance Consulting and Software business is the industry's Foremost risk specialist and a leader in reserving, pricing, and financial modelling. Our software solutions underpin a variety of activities, ranging from asset-liability modelling, pricing, reserving to economic capital aggregation and allocation.
We use our deep analytical skills to solve practical business problems, applying the latest techniques and software solutions to help clients improve their performance and create a competitive advantage. The Role Please note this role can be based in London, but will require travel.
Within the ICT business of Willis Towers Watson, we are regularly involved in M&A transactions where we provide due diligence services covering estimation of the insurance liabilities, assessment of the Own Funds and Solvency Capital Requirement under Solvency II, and a qualitative view on the pricing, underwriting and claims handling of the business leading to a quantitative expectation as to future profitability.
In this context, we are looking for an individual, ideally with an investment banking or equity analyst background and pre-existing knowledge of insurance markets, to take ownership of this initiative within our UK P&C business and drive forward profitable growth.
This is a client and market-facing role.
We would expect this individual to:
- Develop a detailed understanding of our firm's product offering both within our specific business unit, but also within the wider Willis Towers Watson organisation.
- Proactively and regularly engage with key participants in the market including insurance companies, investment banks and private equity firms; as well as other business units within Willis Towers Watson engagement in M&A.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of specific deal opportunities and be successful at turning these opportunities into revenue for our business.
- Together with our industry experts, develop and maintain points-of-view on the strategic directions of key markets or specific participants.
- Get involved in specific transactions providing support in valuation.
- Demonstrate the Willis Towers Watson values of Client Focus, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- BA degree with outstanding academic qualifications (minimum 2:1)
- Experience working in a financial institutions group in an investment bank (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of insurance including the UK domestic and Lloyd's and London markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for communicating at all levels
- Analytical skills and strong financial background, detail oriented
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities.
- Ability to synthesize information, connect the dots, identify key issues
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We support flexible working and will consider requests for such working arrangements.