Colt Data Centre Services (DCS) offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data centre strategy is future-proof.
- The role of the Project Manager is to deliver all the allocated projects in a professional manner, within the agreed scope, timescales and budget and in line with the requirements of the business to achieve 100% satisfaction on completion
- Management of the on site day to day safety and quality is paramount and importance to the role
- The DCS Delivery team are responsible for the construction / project / programme management of various construction and infrastructure related projects that are undertaken across Colt's pan-European and APAC estate.
- The DCS Delivery team strive to be the trusted centre of knowledge and excellence for data centre construction & project management. The people within the team are a value-add to our customers, colleagues within DCS and the wider Colt organisation, known for their punctual, creative support and 'can do' attitude.
- This role sits specifically within the DCS Delivery Team, which is part of the DCS Technology & Operations team.
- The Delivery Team is responsible for managing a portfolio of, expansion and new build projects across the Colt data centre and node estate. We deal with the buildings and infrastructure (M&E services) that support the IT, computing, network and voice services; this is not an IT-related role.
- The role reports directly to the Senior Programme Manager, Data Centre Delivery.
Relationships and key contacts
- Responsible for assisting with the management a portfolio of capital expansion or new projects across the Colt Data Centre portfolio in the UK
- Day to day management of the project; liaising with the project and virtual teams across all disciplines and functions to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the project
- Day to Day management of any external Project Management firm and of the General Contractor
- Ensuring project and business risks are managed and have mitigation plans to ensure these are minimised
- Organising all project-related meetings and workshops. Convening and chairing regular project team meetings and progress review meetings; recording all actions, decisions etc
- Progress and status reports (in the pre-defined standard format) to suit the agreed reporting cycle.
- Ensure timely resolution of issues and deficiencies and develop and implement contingency plans to recover project costs and schedule slippage when appropriate
- Producing, managing and updating the Risk and Issues Register with input from all members of the project team throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Ensuring that the General Contractor delivers in accordance with the agreed programme and scope.
- Ensuring at all times the safe construction and operation of the site during the project lifecycle
Role specific requirements Skills & Experience Essential Knowledge:
- Internally - Peers, DCS Real Estate Team, DCS PMO Office, DCS Procurement team, DCS Design team, DCS sales+marketing, DCS Operations. DCS SMT team
- External - Design consultants, Cost management consultants, Main Contractors, suppliers etc
- Experience of Construction projects preferably within the data centre industry
- Good knowledge of International best practice for health and safety
- Technical knowledge of construction, mechanical and electrical services
- Experience in Structural Steel and concrete construction techniques
- Experience in Design & Build Contract delivery strategies
- An in-depth understanding of the technical, procedural, contractual and commercial aspects of project delivery.
- Ability to manage scope, cost, programme, quality and risks to deliver business goals; a problem solver.
- Ability to apply due process and governance when managing complex projects from 'end-to-end' through all key stages from initiation to handover and closure.
- Ability to formulate and implement a clear strategy for project delivery through all stages.
- Expertise in financial management, programme management and managing project dependencies and risks
- Ability to provide high quality and accurate reports, programmes and cost forecasts.
- A high degree of project management and co-ordination skills to maximise available resources; add value; deliver to milestones; drive to closure and exceed customer expectations
- Experience in managing construction projects involving complex engineering services installations.
- Experience of successfully delivering data centre projects involving working in live environments.
- Experience and understanding of procuring supply and construction contracts
- Experience of managing local and remotely based collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in managing customers and their fit out works
- Good Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong Microsoft Project skills.
- Good Microsoft Word skills.
- Impressive communication skills are required in Japanese and English(written and verbal).
- Methodical and highly organised
(optional, if required)
What we offer:
- English speaking - Native or fluent
- Strong communication skills
- Academic qualifications in a relevant construction or engineering discipline.
- Professional qualification e.g. Construction related, chartered engineer or similar
- European or Asian languages desirable.
Colt DCS is a growing business that is investing in its people. Our people are defined by their ability to make things happen and deliver on their promises. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt DCS recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
Who we are
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
Colt DCS has a vision to ''to be the most customer centric data centre provider''. We have over 20 years' experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centres - hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centres across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centres across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
Privately owned, Colt DCS is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace