You won't just keep up, you'll break new ground.
American Express Cloud Engineering provides a comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. Cloud Engineering offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. Cloud Engineering enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
American Express is embarking on an exciting Hybrid Cloud transformation journey and is in search of an innovative and critical thinking engineers to build our Hybrid Cloud Platform. In this UI Engineer role, you will be part of a talented team responsible for building scalable, highly reactive and responsive Next Gen Cloud Portal, while also gaining experience and getting exposure to many other open source products as required. This position will report into the 'PaaS API/UI & Orchestration' Cloud Engineering team.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Develop technical UI solutions to enhance the American Express Hybrid Cloud platform, with a focus on building Delightful User/Developer Experience through cloud portals
- Collaborate with the rest of the UI team, the backend engineering team, quality engineering tam and product management to build a highly engaging UI that exceeds user expectations
- Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms, such as single sign-on and API integrations
- Research and apply recent UI technology and libraries that enable lean product development
- Implement the best software practices that produce maintainable code, including usability patterns, code style conformity, integration, unit testing, and code review
- Willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Preferably a university degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience in front-end development
- Standout colleague. Good communication skills
- Strong HTML, CSS, JSON, React.js, Angular. js, JQuery, Bootstrap and Node.js framework skills
- Recent experience with developing React applications in combination with Redux and Next.js
- Deep understanding of CI process and tools like - npm, yarn, Docker etc
- Strong REST API design/ integration skills
- Understanding of CSS preprocessing languages
- Successful track record of developing advanced user interfaces. Experience writing web applications and Dashboards for visualizing rich data
- Familiar with agile application development methods. Understanding of QE processes in general
- Experience with CD tools and processes: Git, Jenkins, Docker, Code Integration, Code Reviews
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on [email protected]