This is challenging and interesting opportunity for a Trainee Paraplanner, aiming to take you from having little or no knowledge of the financial services industry, to being a full paraplanner with appropriate qualifications. This means starting with the basics, which will be providing support and assistance to the existing paraplanners. You will be getting involved in the financial planning, gathering and analysing the data, finding out all about the specific products in the industry and the rules that apply and presenting it in a way to make the paraplanner's job easier. Following this, the role will evolve into you working on simple cases to, eventually becoming a full Paraplanner covering the spectrum of financial services, including complex pensions, investments, tax planning and cash flow planning.
The ideal people for these positions will be good listeners with great communication skills who enjoy working as part of a team but also using their initiative when the situation calls for it. The ability to work to tight deadlines is important too, and it goes without saying that you'll need a flair for providing great customer service. Dependable, collaborative and not afraid to question convention, you're enthusiastic and keen to learn and develop within a fast-paced environment.
Benefits & working hours
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why, in order to attract, motivate and retain the best people, we offer a very competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create. It includes a core Quilter funded package of rewards and benefits, and optional flexible benefits that you can add.Core benefits
Please note, the benefit package you receive will depend on your grade and what part of our business you work for. Flexible benefits
- Holiday: between 24-30 days' holiday (depending on your job banding).
- Annual bonus scheme: most employees are eligible to participate in our bonus scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it.
- Pension scheme: a non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions.
- Car allowance: depending on your role you may be offered a car allowance.
- Private medical insurance: couple's cover as standard with the opportunity to flex level of cover.
- Life assurance: six-times your salary.
- Health assessment: a company funded health assessment (depending on your grade).
- Personal accident: 1x salary with the option to change the level of cover.
- Income protection: 50% of salary with the option to change the level of cover.
We offer a number of additional benefits which you can purchase through our salary sacrifice scheme. These include additional health care schemes for both you and your spouse, childcare vouchers, gym and parking discounts and the ability to buy and sell holiday - to give just a few examples.
Our office is open from 8am - 5pm. Everyone works a seven hour day (plus one hour for lunch)