Make your mark in our exciting world atSiemens.
We are acollection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time.Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We'relooking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Joinour Subsea Business as our new Test Technician and help us re-imagine the worldby finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow. Have alook at what we do - https://www.youtube.co/watch?v=UvwZYJZAm2A
It's a busytime for our Subsea site and we are looking to grow our New Product Development(NPD) Testing team. We are looking to hire a new Test Technician where you willbe responsible for undertaking; electrical, thermal, mechanical and pressuretesting on new and existing Subsea Products in accordance with writtenqualification procedures to defined schedules.
You willjoin a small, friendly and supportive team which sits within the NPD team. Thisposition is fast paced and dynamic so there is lots of opportunities to learnnew skills in the role. It's incredibly important that our people enjoy workinghere and therefore we take great pride in that we have a friendly, helpful andengaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is importantto many and that's why we have a supportive environment which invests in ouremployee's development.
Our sitein Ulverston is situated in a small market town located in South Cumbria on theedge of the beautiful Lake District National Park, ideal for people with a loveof outdoor pursuits, with excellent road and rail links to the rest of the UK.
Have alook at what it's like to work at Siemens - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04 Change the future with us
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You willread technical drawings and procedures to build test samples and prototypes
- To performboth routine and bespoke testing of newly developed products
- Trial,evaluate and report on new techniques, services and applications
- Accuratelycollect, process and report test data
- Identifyand report anomalies to engineering and project management
- Workclosely with engineering and project management teams
- Interpret specifications accurately and applythe requirements to test scenarios
- Providefeedback on modifications to test procedures/work instructions
- Interprettest data and predict problems or failures and take corrective actions in theevent of test equipment failure
- Worksafely using specialist test equipment
Make your mark in our exciting world atSiemens.
- Previousexperience within a Testing role in essential
- Educatedto a minimum of GCSE level or equivalent
- Formaltraining through a recognised body (apprenticeship, ONC) is desirable
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Self-motivation and excellent time managementskills are essentialHigh standard of computer literacy; Microsoftpackages, you will learn new software packages when you join (training will beprovided)
We'reSiemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the futureand you could be one of them. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing theboundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry;we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on thisjourney.
OurSubsea Excellence Centre is based in Ulverston, Cumbria and we are recognisedas a world leader in providing Subsea connectors for global oil and gasprojects for over 30 years. This business will play a crucial part in thedevelopment of technology that Siemens is currently developing for use in waterdepths of up to 3,000 metres.
The benefitspackage for this role includes not only a generous base salary but also theopportunity for you to take part in our reward scheme which focuses on newdesigns and the opportunity for you to create and patent one of your ideas orinventions.
We knowthat not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefitsscheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition tothis we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, anexcellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefitspackage to match your lifestyle needs.
If we allthought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruitgreat minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's rightfor the world by employing the people who live in it. We recognise that building adiverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourageapplications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discussflexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working andinnovation.
Siemens plcExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: