An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Defence Naval MRO and Test Facility in Bristol for a Facility Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a wide range of tasks. You will be integrated into an established Team where product training and competencies will be gained. Tasks will involve MRO Strip, Build & Re-work, Engine Installation, Engine Testing and Test Bed Maintenance You will be working across the range of Defence Naval Gas Turbine Products.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.Key accountabilities
- Report directly to the Defence Naval Test Manager.
- Experience of carrying out line and base maintenance tasks and inspection of Gas Turbine Engines / components.
- Demonstrate perseverance, initiative, flexibility and self-motivation.
- Perform overhaul fitting including Build and Strip activities.
- Identify the root cause of asset faults and improving asset performance and reliability to meet operational objectives.
- Be adaptable and flexible to changing requirements.
- Time served engineering apprenticeship in a Mechanical and/or Electrical discipline NVQ level 3/4.
- Experience of working on Electro-Mechanical Equipment, Knowledge of Fault finding on Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Pressurised Systems, Systems and Control Systems.
- Experience of Preventative Maintenance, Routine Maintenance and Inspection on plant and equipment.
- PC literate (mainly Excel, word, email, bespoke systems).
- Experience reading and understanding detailed engineering drawings.
- Shift working when required (Afternoons).
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.Pioneer
an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.Beyond tomorrow
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
This role is subject to Full UK Security Clearance
Closing date: 22nd August 2019Job Category
Engineering Test & Measurement Posting Date
08 Aug 2019; 00:08