We are looking for three Senior Associates to join The Technology, Resilience and Cyber Department (TRC) here at the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
You will work on technology and cyber resilience related matters across firms regulated by the FCA. At a time of rapid technology change and increasing cyber threats, you will have the opportunity to influence the FCA's and industry's agenda to work in the public interest and increase th e sector's operational resilience.
The role of TRC is to understand firms' current and planned use of technology, identify and assess potential harm and risk to the market and promote good practice by clarifying our expectations and acting when necessary. This includes seeking to minimise the impact on consumers and the markets when risks crystallise. A key part of this strategy is for TRC to lead assessments for all firms that are prioritised for attention. These roles are ideal positions to demonstrate yo ur specialist expertise in operational resilience domains, including service continuity, mapping and testing, change, third party and physical environment management, and to leverage this expertise to support the FCA objectives. What does this job involve?
What will I get from th e role?
- Acting as a SME for Operational Resilience across the team, wider department and the FCA
- Ensuring delivery of firm assessments for prioritised high impact firms to provide supervisors with a forward-looking evidence and judgement-based assessment, support ed by the facts, on whether a firm's technology, resilience and/or cyber capabilities are sufficient or require further mitigating actions
- Leading strategic analysis of incidents in your allocation of prioritised firms arising from cyber-attack or technolo gy disruptions
- Contributing to thematic work, owning delivery of key items and delivering through others
- Taking part in technical engagement with external stakeholders including other Authorities and Senior firm representatives
- Providing thought leadership in emerging and ongoing cyber and technology areas of specialism
- Undertaking peer comparison and analysis of the maturity of firms' technology and cyber environment in relation to other firms in the sector and the wider market
Excellent opportunity to work across a number of high impact firms and cross-sector Cyber and Technology issues.
As an Academy business, we place great value on your learning and we offer world-class development opportunities which will assist you in achieving your career aspirations. Our Academy offers you a range of opportunities for personal and professional development, including our MSC in financial regulation, Future Managers programme, sponsored study and more. About you Minimum
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate's CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme.
- Relevant industry qualifications e.g. CRI SC, CISM, CISSP, IS027001 / 2, Lead Auditor/Implementer or alternatives.
- Experience analysing complex information and identifying and presenting recommendations in relation to technology and/or cyber resilience capabilities.
- Experience in motivat ing and leading others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to and understanding of leading practice technology and cyber standards and guidance.
- Knowledge or experience of Wholesale, Retail or Insurance markets.
- Strong analytical c apability with appropriate application of judgement and diligence; can demonstrate taking pride in work and ensuring it is of the highest standard.
About the FCA
- Experience of applying regulatory approach to Operational Resilience, Technology and/or Cyber risk s.
At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumer s.
The Technology, Resilience and Cyber department is a team of specialists that sits within the Specialist Supervision Division. There are three teams providing sector-aligned support and advice to frontline supervisors. Each team leads on delivering resi lience assessments on high impact firms in the relevant sectors, working alongside frontline supervisors. Each team is a centre of expertise within the FCA and provides specialist support to various areas across the FCA (such as Authorisations and Innovate ) to increase the resilience of firms and markets to cyber threats and wider operational disruption.
The Department works regularly with other regulatory bodies in the UK including the Bank of England (BoE), the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and He r Majesty's Treasury (HMT). We also work with European and global regulatory colleagues on a range of technology and operational resilience supervisory topics and one of these roles will focus on driving engagement in Europe and globally on cyber issues. W e also liaise closely with the National Cyber Security Centre and other government and industry-led cyber fora. The Manager of the Strategy & Engagement Team role will be responsible for these relationships as well as our international engagement. The FCA's Values & Diversity
Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis. Addition al Information
- This role is graded Senior Associate (REG C).
- The salary range will be £46,000 to £75,000 (competence based) plus a competitive benefits package and non-contributory pension.
- Applications for this role close on 26th September 2021
- If you are external and interested in learning more about the role please contactTim Dent on tim,[email protected]
Applications must be submitted via our online portal, applications submitted via email - will not be accepted