Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection ofover 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we createtechnologies that take society further.
We're looking for peoplewith the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and PowerDivision as a Technical Specialist (Operational Service Desk) and help usre-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter placefor tomorrow.
It's incredibly importantthat our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in havinga friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that developmentand training is important to many and that's why we have a supportiveenvironment which invests in our employee's development.
Feelfree to click on this link to see what it's like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Siemens Aero-derivative Gas Turbines (AGT) has anexciting opportunity for a Technical Specialist to assist with the support of\"LM1600 / LM2500 Gas Turbine\" products. The role is based at our Services Headquartersin Warwick.
Reporting to the Head of Service Delivery, thesuccessful candidate will work within a diverse team of Engineering andOperations Management based in our Product Competency Centre. As the "Operational Service Desk TechnicalSpecialist" you will you will manage reactive operational requests from theregional teams via the Salesforce / Service Cloud process to generate andevaluate solutions utilising specialist knowledge on operations, maintenanceand fault finding on engines and packaged equipment. In addition this roleprovides a focal point for urgent operational issues beyond the RegionalOffices, ensuring efficient and effective integration and resolution of issues.
Experience in in LM1600 /LM2500 gas turbineoperation and packaging is highly desirable however we are looking to provideinternal and external training to enhance the knowledge of the successfulcandidate. This training will requireperiods of travel.
Your hours of work will be a combination of officehours and the cover of up to 10 day shifts in the OSD to allow for the on-goingtraining of the full time OSD team on the 30 day pattern rota. During the periods of shift cover the shiftrota premium will be paid for the days worked. This is your role. What partwill you play?
Useyour skills to move the world forward.
- Support our regional offices andcustomers by the resolution of urgent operational issues to avoid disruption toour customers that impact availability & reliability.
- Manage requests via the Salesforce/ Service Cloud process, as well as generating and evaluating solutions.
- Enact the Incident Management processas required for the AGT business globally.
- Own the service restoration planfor unavailable units as well as recording Product and Service issues forfurther improvements.
- Monitor, measure, report andcommunicate on performance to restore service
- Support the identification of newproblems which may impact the Fleet Operational Plan.
- Support the development ofprocesses, tools and data within the OSD to ensure efficient and effectiveresolution of reactive operational issues
We'vegot quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Experience in a mechanical orelectrical (instrumentation and controls) discipline and a working knowledge ofgas turbine-driven engine packages
- An appropriate Engineeringqualification (e.g. HND, Degree or equivalent), or appropriate experience ofworking in a technical position
- Customer focused, self-motivatingand with proven Customer facing / Operational experience. Demonstratedleadership and problem solving / decision making experience in a high pressureenvironment.
- Good overall product and serviceknowledge with ability to manage across diverse teams / solutions. Technicalfault finding and diagnosis experience.
- Ability to communicate at alllevels of the organisation, along with commercial appreciation.
- Controls Experience is preferredbut not essential
Siemens Gas and Power isfocused on helping customers navigate the world's most pressing energyproblems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions andservices make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible powersolutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includesa generous base salary, annual bonus and we celebrate the factthat our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. Withthis in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefitspackage to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service),up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme andemployee discounts justto name a few.
If we all thought thesame, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great mindsfrom all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce iscritical to the success of our business; therefore we encourage applicationsfrom a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibilityrequirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Closing date for applications: Monday 19 th August Job ID:
Gas and PowerCompany:
Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.Experience Level:
not definedJob Type: