What's in it for you
About the role
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate.
- LifeAssurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Buy As You Earn Scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares and save tax after 3 months of service.
- Save As You Earn Scheme which gives you the opportunity to save direct from your pay for three or five years with the option of using your savings to buy Tesco shares at a discounted price after 1 year of service.
- Access to Tesco Learning and Development Academy.
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank.
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses.
- Cycle to work and Car Share Schemes.
- Onsite discounted Nuffield Health Gym.
- Subsidised Canteen.
The Global Infrastructure Team design, develop and operate the Technology Infrastructure which underpins Tesco's ability to serve customers and support colleagues. Our responsibilities span technologies across data centres, offices, stores and distribution centres and the global network which connects them. The global team is distributed across the UK, Central Europe, India and Asia.
The Infrastructure Delivery Team manages the delivery of Infrastructure changes across Technology. During a year the team works on over 200 different projects (with approx. 50 being progressed at any one time). These go across the whole of our business from stores, distribution and office.
This is a key role which will involve engagement with engineering teams based in the UK, and India as well as a range of stakeholders across UK. You will be responsible for delivering the Infrastructure required to support our key technology delivery.
An ideal candidate will not only be technically proficient but will also have great leadership and soft skills. A willingness to learn and flex based on the demands of the programme are key to succeeding in this role.
Working within a team of experienced Technical Programme Managers, you will be responsible for either leading Infrastructure delivery of one or more features across multiple streams. We work with teams within Technology (ProductandEngineering), Online/Mobile,3 rd parties (Bank, Pay+, Till suppliers) and business teams (Operations, Customer Engagement Centre, Marketing, Comms, Stores).
It's not just about what we deliver but how. There is equal focus on the way we engage with Technology and Business teams so that we can deliver more efficiently and effectively.This is an opportunity to make a material difference to our customers and to acquire skills to help you work smarter in Tesco. You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
You will need
- Deliver programmes with business and/or technical risks
- Optimise or use a standard programme delivery methodology for delivering programme goals (e.g. agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Bring together, coordinate and energise virtual technology teams to deliver programme goals
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including the technical implementation plan
- Understand trade-offs and resulting impacts; make impacts visible to Product, Infrastructure or Engineering for the right decision to be made
- Managing dependencies, delivery timelines and implementations plans, using my knowledge of technical architecture
- Appreciating and responding to delivery challenges, using my knowledge of engineering best practices and/or infrastructure implementations
- Understand technology concepts, grasp new ones quickly and appreciate their implications on delivery
- Effectively manage major incidents, ensuring stakeholders are updated with the right information to drive the correct decisions
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to define annual budgetary requirements
- Build positive relationships with suppliers & external stakeholders to deliver software or professional services
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools
An ideal candidate must have demonstrated below key skills in their current and past roles:
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in delivering technology and/or infrastructure; having done so across multiple teams in multiple geographies
- Have experience of building credible relationships and influencing senior management & leadership teams
- Strong Project, Stakeholder & Programme management skills
- Strong vendor management and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional reporting skills for programs and financial forecasting
- Excellent communication & influencing skills and adoptability to changes
- Prince2/PMP accreditation or equivalent
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
In order to enable our vision, we strive to simplify operations for our Colleagues, Partners & Vendors to enable efficient trade.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our stakeholders. Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based in our Welwyn office.