AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Service Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
Actuarial professionals with expertise in quantitative analysis, insurance pricing, loss reserving, and risk quantification are integral to AIG's success. We have dedicated Finance Actuaries that play a critical role in assessing the reserve need and thereby ensuring strong financial condition of AIG's insurance operating companies around the world. Our Portfolio Analytics and Pricing Actuaries focus on directly supporting AIG's businesses and are responsible for technical pricing, product development analytics, performance monitoring and measurement, as well as assessment of reinsurance needs. This team also works with marketing, operations, and financial management to achieve AIG's business objectives.
The Technical Pricing and Modelling Team develop best-in-class statistical modelling, data science, and technological solutions whilst supporting strategic initiatives within the actuarial team. Support is proved for AIG's UK and European Commercial lines of business - Casualty, Property and Financial Lines, and for Global Specialty lines - Energy, Aerospace, Marine and Credit.Role Description
- Work with business actuaries and underwriting teams to deliver advanced statistical models that form the basis for rating tools
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of rating tools that drive pricing sophistication within AIG
- Research and develop cutting-edge algorithmic techniques to deliver transformational improvements in process and data quality through use of data science and technology
- Work collaboratively with underwriters, actuaries, and management at all stages of the planning and development process
- Manage smaller projects or aspects of larger projects to ensure engagement and delivery to the wider business
- Train and support other actuarial team members in the use of advanced modelling and technical approaches
The role is suited to someone keen to start or continue a career in the insurance industry, who is self-motivated to research and learn new techniques (especially data science) and has a passion for using code and software engineering techniques when approaching analytical tasks. They would be expected to broaden the skillset and experience of the existing team.Technical Skills and Expertise
- Several years of relevant data science, actuarial or predictive modeling experience
- Degree in mathematics related discipline
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very comfortable coding in R, Python or other language popular for data science
- Strong business, collaboration and time management skills, responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Candidates who are pursuing an actuarial career would be supported through AIG's Actuarial Study Policy. This is not required however - other data science related qualifications may be considered.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.