This is an opportunity to work on a cloud-based platform supporting the Affinity line of business globally. Affinity is a line of business within Corporate Risk & Broking (CRB) that supports clients to develop ancillary revenues through targeted solutions that help reduce costs, create differentiation, and improve customer retention and satisfaction rates. This is a high focus area of the Willis Tower Watson (WTW) business with huge potential and challenging targets.
Currently Affinity is delivered through a variety of platforms and solutions. A key part of the role is working closely with Business Analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements and to configure the platform (ATP) to support the business.
As the successful candidate, you will question, investigate and ensure high standards; leading technical discussions, working alongside local and global members of staff, ensuring the team understand the technical solution and requirements fully, making changes where necessary, and ensuring issue and deadline communication is maintained.
You will also recommend solutions that enable the organisation to achieve its goals, work with teams to help them understand and improve the effectiveness of their work, support the project and programme managers through all phases of the project lifecycle from conceptual idea through to implementation and benefits realisation.
Reporting directly to the Affinity Portfolio Manager, this is a role for an experienced, personable, high energy Technical Business Analyst, with strong analysis skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience working collaboratively with stakeholders across geographies - Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America - in a matrix environment. The role would suit someone who has deep knowledge and experience with insurance products and complex applications. The Role
- Configure the system to support business processes, providing Proof of Concepts during requirement analysis to confirm fit for system
- Document product configurations
- Maintain system configuration changes
- First contact point for queries from regional counterparts, escalating issues where necessary
- Support regional administrators in the configuration of products, providing advice, guidance and training
- Train new users and provide ongoing training to existing users
- The process of extracting, converting and cleansing data during a system to system and Excel based migration, including testing and sign off of migrated data analysis and cleansing of migration data
Working with the Implementation Business Analysts and Project Managers on the design, planning and implementation of projects. In particular to:
- Identify and evaluate business improvement opportunities
- Challenge and identify process improvements
- Develop support materials, guides and document templates
- Provide support and guidance through User Acceptance Testing, creation of test scripts, analyse and prioritisation of defects
- Creating features/PBIs based on the gaps identified in analysis, providing support in building solutions
- Support demonstrations of new system functionality
- Help ensure projects are delivered within the agreed time, cost and quality parameters
- Maintain appropriate audit trails and records of projects
- Supporting commercial teams during technical pre-sales discussions and RFP responses as required, ensuring solution and commercial viability
- The management and mitigation of risks and issues during projects
Preferably educated to degree level or relevant professional qualification in the field of business analysis or certificated evidence of business analysis training courses attended (desirable) Essential skills / experience:
- Extensive experience in gathering and analysis of requirements from a systems point of view, designing solutions across different technologies
- Solid understanding of relational databases and data flows as well as Infrastructure technology and cloud
- Strong understanding of web services and API
- Strong experience around UML, demonstrated experience in complex software projects.
- Advanced Excel (ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret different data)
- Excellent communications - written and oral
- Experience of the insurance/financial sector
- Has an understanding and experience of project and software development lifecycles and required documentation
- Experience of working with IT departments and supporting the development, testing and maintenance of IT systems in a business role (not IT role)
Equal opportunity employer
- IT literate and a competent user of Microsoft Office tools especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge in C# and excel macros is desirable
- Lean facilitation skills and knowledge of Lean process improvement tools
- Agile/Scrum experience
- A broad understanding of operational insurance processes (e.g. new business, renewals, mid-term adjustments is desirable)
- Experience of working with InsurTech and/or tech start-up