What you'll be doing?
The Design and Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation, this team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of design, there's the sheer variety of our sites, many of them using existing buildings, and all of them with unique problems to solve. Then there's the question of new materials and our drive for sustainability and value, all in the face of ever changing building and environmental legislation.
Most of the people in this team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, we offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a thought-provoking setting.
Reporting to the Technical Manager or Technical Director, to support them in fulfilling his/her responsibilities, contributing to the overall success of the business through the provision of efficient and effective administrative support.
You will be expected to:
What you'll need?
- Work closely with the Technical Director/Technical Manager to ensure that relevant administrative tasks are dealt with efficiently
- Perform general departmental administration tasks as and when required to meet the needs of the department
- Manage and maintain relevant filing systems and databases
- Liaise with internal and external customers/contacts to ensure a smooth flow of information and work between the department, Head Office and other internal/external departments and contacts
- Monitor costs incurred by the department
- Ensure effective and efficient processing of documents through Company systems, working within set time frames
- Provide other appropriate ad hoc duties, and administrative support within the Division, as and when required
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
Our Company and Benefits
- Experience of working in an administration/secretarial role
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with MS Office programs and a good standard of written English
- Ability to generate professional correspondence unaided
- Self-disciplined individuals, with demonstrably good time management skills and the ability to manage a number of priorities
- Ability to multi-task, and work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Team players who are supportive of colleagues
- Professional and pleasant manner in dealing with internal and external customers
- Excellent telephone skills
We've been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder twelve years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That's more than any other major housebuilder. It's because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies