BBC World Service Distribution ensures that the BBC's international public services are prominent and available on appropriate platforms, now and in the future. We need a highly motivated person to join our team and play a role in the evolution of BBC services across broadcast and online platforms to suit our diverse audiences.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk. Role Responsibility
The Ideal Candidate
- Provide diary and travel planning/booking support to the head of department and direct reports
- Ensure all supplier commitments are raised in a timely manner in line with the agreed budget and supplier terms.
- Be a primary point of contact for the individual team members for queries about billing and payments
- Support projects/working groups by providing general administration services, basic analytics reports and tracking outputs.
- Support the implementation of strategic priorities and policies by providing and collating information as required.
- Support other members of the Distribution team with any business process related queries
The right candidate should have:
- Relevantexperience in a similar or related role providing support to a senior level executive/manager covering diary management, travel and general admin functions.
- Strong SAP Business and SAP HR (Smartbook) experience.
- Experience in supporting projects/working groups by carrying out general administration tasks andproducing basic progress reports as directed.
- Familiarityof the BBC's business processes.
Contract type: 12-month FTC/attachment
Location: London Job Application Requirements:
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK. We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
- Questionnaire with opportunity to detail your experience
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18 th March 2020 until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/ About the Company
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC - whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here