The Private Client Services team at EY acts for a wide range of entrepreneurs, family offices, private equity and hedge fund principals, large landed estates, high profile professional partnerships and senior executives of large listed and private businesses. The services that we deliver include tax return compliance services, advice on residence and domicile issues, transaction and reorganisation advice, optimisation of wealth from a tax perspective, and estate and succession tax advice. Our client base is a mix of UK and non-UK domiciled individuals whilst our international network results in our team undertaking a high proportion of cross border tax services.
To work as part of the Tax Team Assistant ("TTA") team completing role-based tasks that occur throughout the lifecycle of an engagement and using co-ordination, project management and communication skills. The TTA team delivers a consistent and expert service, working with the Client Server Teams, to ensure that all engagements comply fully with all regulatory requirements while also following best practice principles and being run efficiently.
The tax team at EY Bristol covers a broad range of specialisms including Global Compliance and Reporting for medium to large corporates, Private Client Services focusing on family owned businesses and personal taxation issues as well as an Indirect Tax team that advise on VAT and Customs issues. Alongside these core client serving groups are a number of sector specialists covering aspects such as Capital Allowances, Innovation Incentives and Stamp Duty. Your key responsibilities
Quality and Risk Management (QRM)
- Completion of assigned tasks throughout the lifecycle of a tax engagement - providing support for the creation of an opportunity, the budgeting process, contractual considerations, set up, the regular review of engagement economics, billing and closure.
- Monitoring and reporting the completion of tasks using the tools available (Mercury and other tools)
- Liaison with clients and third parties, such as HMRC, as applicable
- Working with the offshore support team to ensure tasks are delivered on a timely basis and work is of a high quality
- Assistance on ad hoc projects
Skills and attributes for success
- Detailed knowledge of the process to be followed to fully comply with all engagement set up requirements whether locally engaged or under a sub contract arrangement with an EY office in a different country
- Liaise with the Tax Quality and Central Risk Management teams as appropriate
- Have a good understanding of basic contract considerations and data privacy requirements.
To qualify for this role, you must have
- Project co-ordination skills with ability to complete tasks on an accurate and timely basis
- Being able to plan, manage and prioritise deliverables
- Ability to manage upwards to ensure that the project deliverables meet the agreed timetable
- Strong communicator, able to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally, and have a positive impact
- Pro-active and reliable team member with the ability to work effectively with others and share information readily
- Ability to exercise good judgement - knowing when to flag issues and when to make own decisions
- Good numerical and data analysis skills
- Pro-active "can do" attitude
- Receptive to change and a flexible approach
- Demonstrates initiative in approach to projects/assignments and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience gained in an administration/project management/customer service role
- Evidence of knowledge of Microsoft systems and databases
- Evidence of working well under pressure
- Evidence of problem solving
- Evidence of good business writing skills
What we look for
- Experience in using finance and CRM systems in a business environment
- Project management skills demonstrating the ability to plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines and monitor budgets
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
- Change orientated with flexible approach
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Apply now.Qualifications: Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.