VA - Validus
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: Yes
Talbot Underwriting Services Ltd (TS1)Job Title
Talbot Full Stack Developer Department
IT Responsible to
Head of Application Management & Development Direct Reports
None Purpose of Role
The role will be a full-stack .Net development role, working alongside other senior developers delivering solutions as per business demand. The role requires broad industry and development knowledge plus strong soft skills to enable engagement and participation in various business initiatives. Responsibilities
- Key role in delivering technology solutions meeting business needs.
- Perform Technical Lead and Developer roles for various systems in the Talbot estate.
- Create high-level designs feeding into the architectural process.
- Production of internal design documentation and/or co-creation of technical specifications.
- Demonstrates a behaviour/test-driven attitude to development.
- Design, develop, deliver and support high quality technical solutions for the business across multiple platforms - web or mobile, using good practice design patterns.
- Ongoing collaboration with IT Developers, Quality Assurance and others during the delivery cycle, embracing and developing delivery methodology chosen, typically scrum.
- Has a continuous improvement mentality, adopts and improves the DevOps capabilities within the team.
- Collaboration with other parties (internal teams within Talbot and external suppliers) where the delivery of solutions impinges upon them.
- Strong contribution to the future direction of the overall Talbot IT Landscape/architecture.
- The successful candidate ideally has extensive experience in the London Market, with a background in systems delivery for Syndicate-focused solutions. They will also have a proven track record of the broader responsibilities related to solution delivery, not just coding, i.e. the role must be comfortable working with business stakeholders at all levels.
- Experiencein an IT Development and Design capacity, including all aspects of solution design.
- Broad exposure to the agile methodology for delivery, performing the developer role in small virtual teams as per demand.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft/.Net Development environments essential.
- Knowledge of the latest web development technologies and frameworks.
- Strong experience of test-driven development and the frameworks employed to implement.
- Knowledge of DevOps environments and solutions.
- Experience of working in a multi-country, multi-site environment and ability to coordinate resources located around the globe.
N/A Desired Skills
- Specific applications (either in-house developed, or vendor-provided) and/or technology areas which would be advantageous for the candidate to have work with before include:
- Portals/Intranets - particularly underwriting or claims workbenches, etc.
- Workflow solutions
- Document Management Systems
- Policy Administration Systems
- Messaging/Integration/ESB platforms
- Experience creating design documentation.
- Good experience of Selenium, SpecFlow, Knockout, Kendo UI, TFS and K2 advantageous.
- Strategic Perspective
- Commercial Acumen
- Analytical Skills and Judgement
- Innovation and Change Mindset
- Client Focus
- Communication and Influence
- Building High Performing Teams
- Execution and Achievement Orientation
- Talent Development
Please note that if you're an AIG applicant and your application is successful you will transfer on to an AIG Talbot contract but your continuous service will remain.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.