VA - Validus
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
Talbot Underwriting Services Ltd (TS1)TALBOT CLAIMS APPRENTICESHIP
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions.
Talbot (Lloyd's of London Syndicate 1183) is a member company of AIG offering both insurance and reinsurance from the London Market with offices and a local presence in Asia Pacific, London, Miami and Santiago. Talbot are leaders in the War and Terrorism, Energy, Marine, Financial Lines and Cyber insurance sectors. We also focus on additional specialty classes such as transport, political risk, crisis management, kidnap and ransom, contingency, property and treaty reinsurance. THE OPPORTUNITY
As a Claims Data Analyst you will assist the Claims Operations department and will become gradually responsible for:
- Providing operational / administrative support to the Claims Department;
- Assisting the Claims Operations Manager with internal and external stakeholder enquiries;
- Assisting with monitoring and reporting on departmental KPI's;
- Providing data analytic support for trending and forecasting;
- Identifying process efficiencies, working with the wider Claims Operations team to carry out problem solving activities and promote process improvement initiatives;
- Assist with budget management;
- Maintaining and ensuring timely reporting for various stakeholders;
- You will become technically competent in Talbot's Claims System providing technical support to the Claims Department and supporting Claims Operations Manager in managing the system including upgrades and enhancements;
You will start your ACII qualification and will become Cert CII by the end of the programme.
This Insurance Practitioner Apprenticeship scheme will run for 12 months on a fixed term contract basis. WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
WHAT CAN TALBOT OFFER YOU?
- Minimum 4/C or above in GCSE Maths and English
- Minimum C or above in A-Level Maths
- Strong desire to work with data:
- Competent and confident with data
- Ability to demonstrate how data has been gathered, analysed and interpreted
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong IT skills:
- Intermediate/Advanced Word and Excel
- Technically minded - Confident with applications
- Be customer focus
- Be curious; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Have a innovation mind-set
- Excellent time-keeping
- Be flexible and adaptable to change
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues and manager.
In addition to your basic salary, we offer a generous benefits package which includes 25 days holiday; private medical coverage; a highly competitive non-contributory pension scheme and contribution towards a wellbeing activity.
Talbot is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to eliminating discrimination of all types and actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusivity. We believe that taking a more inclusive approach to all aspects of the employee lifecycle creates an environment that allows talent to flourish, more effective collaboration, greater productivity and strong employee engagement. We also demonstrate our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) through charitable giving and supporting our local community through a range of events and initiatives.
Talbot recognises the desire of employees to work more flexibly both in terms of hours and location and therefore welcome discussions in order to facilitate this where possible. We are committed to ongoing personal and professional development, and provide a high level of support in order to help all of our colleagues achieve their full potential.Applicant closing date: 4th November 2019
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.