What's in it for you Package Description
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
About the role
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
The team is really passionate about making it as simple and efficient as possible for colleagues to get help and to support our technology systems. This includes developing new ways to enable colleagues to help themselves, as well as enabling helpdesks and technology teams to provide support effectively.
We are responsible for owning the product roadmap and managing the development and rollout of improvements to our Service Desk and Automation systems across Tesco. You will be responsible for
We are really excited to have a focus on automation within the Service Desk space. We are always looking for ways to reduce manual activity across Technology, Retail, Business Services and beyond, by providing an automation and orchestration layer for Tesco.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
You will need Key Skills and Experience
- Play a key part in the introduction of automation software across Tesco, providing technical expertise and shaping the solution. A passionate technologist with considerable knowledge of IT automation platforms.
- Contributes to the technical direction of the product and has the expertise to make decisions, identify areas of technical risk or concern and suggest actions to mitigate them.
- Contributes to the architecture and secure design of automations across different technologies.
- Drives automation best practises from within the Centre of Excellence, across the business.
- Good practical understanding of Agile software delivery methodology.
- Pro-actively researches relevant technologies and applications.
- Challenges current working practices by critically reviewing current processes and developing and implementing innovative improvements, optimizing for effectiveness, quality and efficiency by using appropriate metrics/data.
- Ability to own and manage end-to-end development and deployment plans to ensure the team deliver on time and to budget.
You'll need to demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years' experience building, owning and maintaining automation and workflow orchestration systems
- Experience with designing and building system integrations using APIs and middleware
- Ability to interpret, discuss and contribute architecture approaches and solution designs
- Experience working in an Agile development team (Scrum or Kanban)
About us About Tesco
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate to colleagues at all levels
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive wide scale change
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and work across teams to achieve goals
- Ability to support and develop system engineers
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop online, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world's leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you.