Experian is a leading global information services company that unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and societies across the world.
During life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyze and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
In Decision Analytics we unlock meaning within data to help clients solve problems and drive better decisions and outcomes; Is this customer who they claim to be? Can this person afford the loan they're asking for? Does this person qualify for a service we provide?
Organisations need to answer these sorts of questions hundreds, thousands, even millions of times a day. As well as answering them accurately and consistently, they need to answer them quickly because that's what their customers expect.
We help our clients do this - minimising the risk to their organisation while delivering the type of customer experience that people expect. We help them to lend effectively, to detect and minimise fraud and to comply with legal requirements. We help them identify new opportunities including more efficient ways to run their business and better ways to cross-sell their products.
We do this by combining our own data with data from our clients and third parties. We then use advanced technologies to organise and analyse this data, turning it into useful, meaningful information which our customers can act on. Our clients can make lending decisions on hundreds of millions of credit applications every year and can also avoid fraud by checking that applicants are who they say they are.
Decision Analytics (DA) is a fast-growing business line, which in FY18 generated $656 million in annual revenue and contributed 14% towards overall group revenue.
Decision Analytics is core to Experian's strategic plans and a critical element of its growth ambitions now and in the future. There is strategic ambition to grow the DA business to generate $1.9b in revenue annually - by 2024. This ambition is forecast to be realised through a combination of organic / selective inorganic, product line growth as well as productivity and structural growth opportunities.
Decision Analytics comprises three main product lines: Decisioning, Fraud & ID & Analytics. This business line competes globally and occupies a market leading position in our main regions across a multitude of industry verticals - notably in financial services, telecommunications and public sector. Competitors include FICO, CRIF, Equifax, IBM, PEGA, SAS and many smaller, niche providers.
This is a visible and critical role, with high leadership exposure up to Board level, and is critical to influence across central and regional team leaders. As such we are looking for an inspirational business leader who can support our ambitions and continue to evolve the team to drive additional growth across our product lines and markets
Context & Focus
The current Marketing & Research team has had a significant impact on the growth of the Global Decision Analytics business.
Looking ahead, Experian is making significant investments to accelerate innovation and to drive scale across the regions - with particular emphasis on; strategy and strategic focus areas, portfolio planning and analysis, innovation pathways. Alongside this, a more disciplined approach for getting market & client feedback, supported by a strong test and learn methodology will guide how we allocate capital and make investment decisions going forward.
This requires a more collaborative, commercially focused approach with our regional stakeholders as we look to create localized offerings while ensuring global economies of scale - across new and existing verticals.
As a result, we require a leader who can take full advantage these opportunities and can evolve the current Marketing & Research capabilities to include greater depth and strength in the areas of Strategy, Portfolio Planning, Innovation System Management, M&A
Strategy & Portfolio Planning -
• Collaborating and uniting the organization around a clear strategy and prioritizing key initiatives for the business
• Fostering a deep understanding of the market, client trends and competitive activities across GDA
• Establishing a clear view of how the digital era and other long-term market trends are impacting on our business and market potential
• Driving the strategic use of M&A, Minority Investments and Partnerships to accelerate growth and open up new markets
• Owning and facilitating business strategy development and planning processes across GDA
Marketing and Digital Learning Excellence:
• Driving awareness and demand creation through thought leadership and media engagement
• Creating best practice methods and guidelines for gtm, marketing, content and sales enablement tools across product lines
• Support revenue ambitions across product lines by helping create propositions and relevant marketing, sales enablement and learning tools to stimulate demand and convert marketing leads to opportunities
• Establishing KPIs to measure use and effectiveness of global materials in regional marketing and learning activities
• Create and foster a culture innovation - measured through successful rollout of strategic global initiatives (ie Athena), our ability to increase innovation throughput
• Making customer centric "where to play" choices that enable long-term value creation (growth, profitability, and multiple)
• Ensuring that we take a market-oriented approach to our product and service design requirements
• Establishing a process for managing and measuring innovation throughput; Informing resource allocation by providing visibility into the portfolio of investments
• Accelerating and enhancing collaboration within and across regions
Communications & Engagement:
• Increasing people engagement and enablement across DA, with a focus on: authentic executive communications, reinforcing strategic business and organizational initiatives
"Chief of Staff" Activity:
• Owning & Driving Global Business Line (GBL) and other cross-GBL activities (e.g., quarterly GBL meetings, Future of Information Conference, etc.)
• Board meeting materials and preparation
• Business Performance Management / GDA Performance Scorecards & Analysis
Candidate Profile - Skills, Attributes & Knowledge
• Clear thinker and excellent communicator both written and verbal able to create internal and external awareness of the strategy and the vision of product lines
• Ability to synthesize information into clear strategies (intellectual horsepower to assess operational issues and synthesize information at speed)
• Global mindset, open to different cultures, people and aware of the different markets and industries across all different regions
• Business-oriented marketer able to spot opportunities, trends and innovation and translate into marketing strategies and plan
• Executive presence & associated level of influencing skills
• Excellent relationship building skills and natural collaborator, connector and networker - in particular to continue to strengthen ways of working and relationships across regions
• Ability to effectively challenge views and build consensus
• Dynamic leader and comfortable operating in a highly matrixed environment (multiples Business Units, countries, segments, budget resources, etc)
• Strong leadership and demonstrated success of leading a high performing team -can inspire, motivate and create energetic teams who drive for high performance
Candidate Profile - Industry & Domain Experience & Qualifications
• Significant relevant experience in industry most likely obtained in Banking / TELCO / Software / Data / Tech companies
• Most likely to have Consulting &/or Analyst experiences, together with Product & Marketing &/or Strategy & Business Development background, obtained in a relevant business
• Business / Marketing Degree educated minimum plus MBA preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:#
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, religion, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law