A career in our Sustainability and Climate Change practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world's largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
Sustainability and climate change are at the top of the agenda for many organisations, but many are at different stages in understanding how they should respond. As part of our team, you'll help our clients balance competing economic, social and environmental goals. Our advice goes right to the heart of policy and strategy, addressing everything from the international development policies of major donors to changing regulations and consumer preferences, to the security of supply chains, climate risk and the challenges of urbanisation.
PwC Consulting helps organisations to work smarter and grow faster. As part of a global network of firms, we have an unrivalled ability to provide our clients with local insights and global best practice. Our work is always evolving to respond to industry trends and we combine our deep technical skills in response to our clients' changing needs.
PwC's Sustainability and Climate Change (S&CC) practice, part of PwC Consulting, offers services to both public and private sector clients across a range of specialist subject areas. Our established team includes economists, natural scientists, engineers, policy and data analysts and more - working with some of the world's leading organisations towards an economy with purpose.
Due to continued strong demand for our services, we are looking to strengthen our team in two areas in particular
A technical consultant at manager level, in the Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) disciplines; A financial services sector sustainability consultant, at senior manager level. Experience of the private equity sub-sector in particular, is preferred.
Our team can offer you a highly stimulating work environment, a breadth of experience rarely matched and a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to join a mission-driven team.
About the Roles
As part of either role, you will be expected to
- Lead or support sales efforts aligned to one of the areas mentioned above;
- Manage client consulting engagements over their life-cycle;
- Motivate and guide engagement teams, bringing analytical skills and specialist knowledge to our world-class client base;
- Support internal and external thought leadership; and
- Contribute to proposals and other business development activity.
The roles will be based in London but are likely to require some international travel on project assignments. PwC also supports flexible working arrangements when appropriate.
Candidates should focus their application on one of the two areas listed above.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A university degree in business/finance, economics, engineering, a sustainability-related subject, or another discipline;
- Substantive professional experience in a relevant sector such as consulting, finance (including banking, insurance, asset management and private equity), or business;
- Sales origination, commercial acumen and strong programme and/or project management skills;
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity and problem solving abilities;
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Strong personal initiative, agility and resourcefulness; and
- Fluency in English; proficiency in other languages is desirable
Desirable Skills & Experience
- A Masters, or equivalent qualification in economics, business, sustainability, international development or related fields is preferred.
- Prior consulting experience is highly desirable, but not a prerequisite.
- Experience in risk management.
- An ability to analyse strategic, operational, risk and financial implications of sustainability trends and translate these into commercial impact.
- For the HSE/ESG area, experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable site based experience, EHS/ESG due diligence and/or auditing, EHS/ESG management systems and related international standards
- For the Financial Services sector role, we are seeking candidates with applied experience of working in one or more FS sub-sector (private equity in particular, but also banking, insurance, and asset management), preferably in a direct sustainability role, or external sustainability advisory role; climate risk assessment and management; risk management generally.