As a Support Engineer at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence you will support applications that make a significant difference in the real world. Our people are collegiate, clever and don't stop until they have a solution. We're looking for likeminded people who have professional and effective communications skills and want to invest themselves in solving the difficult issues
You will be providing 2nd line Application support to all internal and external clients. This will involve managing all issues from receipt through to resolution within defined service and operational levels on behalf of the user. The nature of the role requires flexibility for out of hours, early and late rotas.
If you would like to be part of a team that really makes a difference then please read on. Specific responsibilities
Working in rotation across both test and production environments updating both internal and external stakeholders the Support Engineer will:
- Record and respond to incidents and service request from business, suppliers and service teams within agreed operational and service level agreement.
- Follow the defined current ITIL Incident management processes.
- Implement techniques of incident and problem management to restore service quickly by applying known error workarounds and/or pre-approved change
- Retain ownership of more serious issues, managing 2nd line support and external suppliers.
- Assume ownership of assigned incidents providing clear communication as required to other service disciplines and business users.
- Aid in diagnosing the cause of the incident through a structured process of investigation co-coordinating both internal and external support teams as necessary.
- Initiate the required change process to implement agreed workarounds and raise the necessary requests for change and submissions for the CAB.
- Interact with problem management to prevent recurrence of incidents
- Contributing to the production of monthly reports
- Provide full incident closure details including root cause analysis
- Contribute to the service knowledgebase and provide knowledge transfer to colleagues and other support teams as required
- Unix or Linux
- Experience in supporting nTier Environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of client focus and empathy
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills
- Experience of working in ITIL aligned environments using call / ticket management toolsets.
- Working experience in a 2rd line IT support role
- Good working knowledge of operational support processes
- Good understanding of network technology and principles
- Good knowledge of information systems and web technologies
ITIL V4 Foundation Certificate
Degree in IT discipline About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.