In a nutshell As Strategy Manager, you'll be critical to achieving Virgin Atlantic's goals of establishing and transitioning Connect Airways. You will be the critical link, providing day to day leadership by supporting our journey to ownership, control and coordinating the integration programme, from a Virgin Atlantic perspective.
You will make it your mission to ensure that the Target Operating Model (TOM) is built, fully representing Virgin Atlantic's strategic goals while building overall value for the enterprise. You will shape the priorities, timelines and driving action of key deliverables. By extension you will act as the troubleshooter working to overcome complexities and problems to drive integration progress at pace.
Day to day
* Provide critical thinking, financial and commercial analysis, and strategy development that can be deployed into development and delivery of a Target Operating Model (TOM).
* Support the identification and development of growth opportunities for value creation.
* Perform complex analyses and financial modelling.
* Provide recommendations and solutions to the Head of Connect Airways Programme which demonstrate business benefit and actively suggest insightful fact based analysis in support of recommendation.
* Implement strategy of cross functional portfolio / programme-based and cross business unit initiatives working alongside Deloitte and Nyras.
* Design and develop robust frame...
Before you apply, we encourage you to learn more about Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.
Articles you might like
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holiday talk Charity Partnerships
Our charity partnerships have always been close to our hearts, through the Virgin Atlantic Foundation – our own charity which was setu...
* Design and develop robust frameworks and financial models to help delivery and implementation of strategy.
* Prepare effective documentation (e.g. presentations, Board papers, financial analyses) to provide the meaningful facts, insight, analysis and recommendations to support strategic decision-making and delivery.
* Conduct critical external analysis and benchmarking of industry trends and macro environment to ensure that Connect Airways' strategic plans are developed in line with our external industry environment.
About you Are you naturally strategic with critical thinking skills? Do you have the ability to draw on a variety of different analytical skills (functional, technical, financial, accounting and modelling)? Can you demonstrate a strong commercial understanding of airline industry/business models? Then this could be the role for you.
With proven working experience of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint you'll be a creative/resourceful problem solver who is able to identify data gaps, find information, & conduct analytical work to support sound decision-making, including advanced modelling. In addition, with effective use of judgement, you will have the ability to view decisions objectively, carefully and accurately to weigh conflicting data points/perspectives to achieve an optimal outcome. It's preferable you will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a related discipline and have proven aviation experience (although this is not essential).
Using your excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, you will engage with stakeholders at every level, both internally & externally. Its key in this role you can simplify complex commercial and financial problems and solutions into succinct presentations and narrative. You will be an ambassador to VAA, whilst building relationships with members of the consortium.
If you have strong levels of self-motivation with strong organisational skills and attention to detail and you fulfil the above criteria, we would love to hear from you.
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, as well as a world of travel opportunities including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, child care vouchers and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be you - our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. O ur aim is to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our brilliant mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send unsolicited CVs to our job openings or to Virgin Atlantic employees. Virgin Atlantic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.