Home Worker - CHE, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, UK - London - BrentfordPosted Date:
Sep 13 2021
Strategic Insight Director Neuroscience - Strategy & Innovation
There is an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Insight Director
. In this role you will be the strategic insight partner, driving strategic decision making on investment decisions, accountable for the commercial valuation and forecast of AL001(for dementia) and other early pipeline assets in neuroscience. You will provide insightful and objective analysis of commercial opportunities, including asset valuations, analysis of market drivers, the competitive environment and treatment trends; provide objective insight to drive the investment and strategy decisions. As the Strategic Insight Director, you will manage qualitative and quantitative global market research projects to uncover deep customer insights and develop forecasts to ensure that robust evidence-based insight is available for key decision points in the development of AL001. You will provide clear, insightful interpretation of available internal and external data to senior internal stakeholders across the business. Your responsibilities:
Why you? Basic qualifications:
- Develop robust, evidence-based global market valuations and asset forecasts for AL001 as it progresses through development milestones and governance decision points in GSK
- Define, structure, plan and commission global market research required to answer questions not already addressed through internal knowledge and experience and/or secondary data sources, ensuring all market insight activities are conducted according to relevant Codes of Conduct
- Contribute to the formulation of product strategy, in conjunction with therapy area teams to ensure that maximum return is obtained from the development and commercialization of products.
- Provide market landscape and therapy area overviews to support strategy and trade off decisions across the development portfolio
- Provide valuation and opportunity assessment for business development opportunities, identify sensitivities and key areas of uncertainty in the forecast and communicate these risks appropriately to senior management, providing broad context and foresight
- Ensure through delivery of market research, that high-quality insights are derived and integrated into wider asset understanding and medicine strategy
- Lead input for internal asset planning and development processes by contributing evidence based situational analyses, forecasts, defining appropriate pre- and post-launch KPIs
- Contribute to initiatives to improve the quality of market / brand understanding and forecasting through analogue and benchmarking exercises based on secondary data and competitor intelligence.
- Challenge existing thinking and contribute to developing disruptive commercial strategies and recommendations that impact the pipeline value for assets within the therapy area
- Contribute to the training and development of the Knowledge Centre to ensure it is optimized to deliver maximum value and on-time delivery
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree within Life Science, Business or Marketing
- Minimum 5 years' experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical (medical or marketing background), market research agency, management consultancy or financial institution.
- Proven application of high-quality commercial analytics and ability to provide insightful commercial and market insight
- Proven ability in asset and portfolio forecasting
- Thorough conceptual understanding of the drug development and commercialization process.
- Experienced in a global matrix environment, able to drive impact across a range of functions, seniority, and geographical locations.
- Ability to lead the delivery of projects from end to end and take ownership and accountability for the deliverables
- Experience in working with individuals in countries, working with them to obtain appropriate country-level information and insight
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- MBA in finance or marketing
*Li-GSK Why GSK?
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.GSK Pharmaceuticals
- Our Pharmaceuticals business offers a unique portfolio of medicines, including a broad range of innovative and established brands. Globally, we are currently primarily focused on developing new medicines in the respiratory, HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation areas, while also continuously exploring other fields through discovery research. For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email [email protected]
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.