What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
Opportunities to get on
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% off most purchases at Tesco (15% off for a four day period after each pay day)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Cafe
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
OurEmployee Assistance Programme
helps you deal with life's challenges.
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-termcharity partnersAbout the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit a Store Technician. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn't function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Store Technician (or IST as we call them) is an integral part of this team, carrying out maintenance procedures, safely, in stores and offices. Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the In Store Technicians deliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance promptly and in a cost effective way ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day . Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
You will need
- Ensuring a safe environment for those who work and shop in Tesco stores and offices. Taking ownership of the reactive and proactive maintenance activity, the In Store Technician will identify problems and implement effective solutions.
- Carrying out daily maintenance including but not limited to fire alarm testing, sprinkler testing, HVAC maintenance, building maintenance, electrical checks and checkout maintenance.
- Building effective relationships with the store leadership teams, communicating clearly on tasks and managing expectations where necessary.
- Ensuring assets are fixed in line with the agreed SLA's.
- Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing work which needs to be escalated.
- Working closely with internal service teams and external contractors.
- Meeting the necessary legal and compliance standards.
- Attending store meetings to ensure there is an understanding of maintenance issues and their level of urgency.
- Being aware of the cost implications and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix.
- Working to maximise store profitability through following energy saving best practice and ensuring energy faults are reported/fixed.
Ideal additional skills include:
- Maintenance and/or engineering experience
- Experience working in customer service
- Experience working remotely
- Good time management
- The ability to build relationships quickly
- Good communication skills
- An awareness of cost and budget controls
- Exposure to IT services e.g. Verisae
- An awareness of up to date Health and Safety measures
- Full UK driving licence (essential)
- Relevant qualifications e.g. IOSH/ NEBOSH
- Experience handling multiple projects at one time or working in a fast moving maintenance department
At Tesco Maintenance, it's our people that makeusoneofthe leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. Weoperate inover 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores,distribution centres, Tescobanks andheadoffices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineeringsolutions andsupport.
With our comprehensive induction and ourtechnicalcompetency plan, weinvest intraining forour field colleaguestohave the right level of skills and expertisefor each roletoworksafelyandprovide first-rateasset managementacross our estate.Wecreate a culturewhereevery colleagueis competent, motivated andprofessional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we've got it covered. OurOperations andMaintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support ourfieldengineersto get the job done.Our Engineering teamwork internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security tosustainability.
Everything we doin Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement tothe overall shopping experience for our customers.