Description Workstream Leader Stewardship & Land Management UK Wide
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because we look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
At Arcadis, you won't just be transforming the world around you, you will also have the opportunity to reimagine where you could go. Because at Arcadis, careers have no boundaries and you'll be encouraged to embrace your imagination and curiosity, think big and think differently. Job Description
We are looking for an experienced and motivated person to lead our new workstream for Stewardship & Land Management. You will be joining our growing team in Landscape, Masterplanning and Urbanism (LMU), consisting of more than 70 Landscape Architects, masterplanners and urban design professionals. We provide a full spectrum of services, from residential-led masterplanning, urban regeneration, strategic planning, design concept through to detail and implementation as well as Environmental Assessment, and Landscape / Townscape Visual impact Assessment.
You will have a strong focus on integrating legacy thinking into our wide-spectrum of projects. This will include client advice and technical contributions on stewardship models, governance, funding, adoptions, the optimal land management and maintenance of green spaces, public realm and the establishment and stewardship of new and existing habitats, to bring environmental, social, cultural and economic benefit. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to business development in landscape management and environmental stewardship, for example, to prevent environmental damage and harm to wildlife through careful management of the developments and use of a region's land resources, and to positively contribute toward net zero carbon goals.
We invite candidates with a passion to grow this workstream and therefore you will have good business development credentials and bring drive and innovation to establish and expand the opportunity. Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including our in-house disciplines as well as our sector-leading external partners will be important. You'll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK's largest, most complex and technically demanding projects. These currently include major large-scale mixed-use masterplans, masterplanning for new homes, city centre public realm, regeneration projects, green infrastructure strategies and landscape masterplanning for some of the UK's largest residential and mixed-use developments as well as significant infrastructure projects such as:
- Northstowe Masterplan / Urban extension \t
- Otterpool Park Garden Settlement \t
- HS2 Curzon Street Station & Public Realm \t
- Perry Barr Regeneration Development \t
- Walsall town centre regeneration projects \t
- Town Investment Fund and Levelling Up Fund LPA support \t
- Canal and River Trust projects \t
- National Rail, National Grid and transport and infrastructure projects
However, not all of our projects are large scale. We have equally exciting smaller projects and, together, present a rich and varied portfolio of projects and clients including at national and local levels, and in both the private and public sector. Location
Our Landscape Masterplanning and Urbanism team operates across a number of key locations within the UK (and overseas). We have a flexible approach to the location of this new role and are open to applications across UK geographies. Requirements Key Characteristics:
- Team leader shaping and delivering exceptional outcomes. Focus on Development Planning, Urbanism and Landscape Architecture \t
- Trusted client advisor - experienced in building relationships with Senior Client Team members. Able to understand their needs and drivers, ability to shape and influence outcomes \t
- Sector experience in infrastructure, commercial development, urban regeneration, residential, transportation and/or landscape planning strategic policy \t
- Highly capable and crafted experience in successful high-quality bid writing, ability to influence the business with developing relevant communities of Practice and further Value Propositions \t
- Experienced Line Manager, ability to manage with proactive dialogue encompassing staff wellbeing and personal development. Understanding of staff professional development needs and career pathway.
- Degree/Diploma or similar recognised qualification in Landscape Management (e.g. Sheffield University), environmental stewardship, natural resource management, forestry, botany, environmental science, restoration ecology, wildlife management, soil science, place economics, and sustainable land management, or closely related subject.