About Network Rail
Network Rail are revitalising Britains railway. Were making rail safer, more reliable and more efficient than ever before. Its a real team effort. One which calls for the collaboration of the industrys finest professionals. Weve built a supportive, sharing, respectful and diverse culture. Because shared expertise and new perspectives make us stronger. Together, we are building a railway fit for the future. And as the network continues to grow, youll grow along with us.
The Anglia route comprises over 1,700 miles of track from London Liverpool street station to Norwich in the east and Cambridge in the west, the North London line from Gospel Oak to Barking East, and Essex Thameside from Fenchurch Street to Shoeburyness.
As we enter CP6, a new five-year period of investment, embarking on a diverse range of projects and improvement plans across the route. We are looking for you to join our team and use your phenomenal leadership kills and customer experience expertise to sell these changes and manage events when they affect our passengers, ensuring they have the best service possible in all situations.
132 million passengers walk through Liverpool Street station every year making it one of the busiest station in the UK. In our bid to put our passengers first we need a station manager to lead, develop and encourage our station team and continue to develop our one station team approach with the multiple partners we work with on the station every single day. By optimising the income and net profitability of the station you will be a key part of how we put passengers first and ensure an outstanding end-to-end journey.
Brief Description Every day you will manage and lead on:
- Developing collaborative relationships and plans with our customers, retailers, the business community, local authorities and partners to deliver excellent customer service and realise business improvements, as measured by customer satisfaction surveys including NPPS
- Promoting and assisting with the management of property asset management strategies in order to meet and exceed income targets and investment targets, improving the retail mix and enhancing the customer experience
- Achieving net profit target / opex target whilst protecting the companys asset and managing the station in compliance with statutory legislation
- Developing and chairing the Station Management Group, coordinating the delivery, of cross functional station investment plans and delivering Network Rails obligations to TOCs and suppliers
- Leading the implementation of the development of the station safety plan, implementing and monitoring actions identified to mitigate and control station risk
- Deliver compliance with proficiency assessment systems and all relevant industry and company standards and procedures
About the role (External) Essential
- Skilled in leadership and development of people within and across teams and functions including dealing with Employee Relations issues and delivering customer service in an operational environment
- Ability to understand financial systems, budgetary tools and undertake contract management in a complex commercial environment.
- Experience of preparing, managing and meeting net profit / income and expenditure budgets.
- Excellent communication skills across varied internal and external partners
- Qualification in safety management
How To Apply- External
Network Rail encourages applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the centre of everything we do, safe behaviour
is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal dedication to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career
with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to 3,333 (to a maximum amount of 2,500).
We follow a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range
: 42,971 - 48,342. The advert will close on 12-Dec-2019.
Currency GBP Amount of Travel Work At Home