At Camden and Islington NHS foundation trust our staff and service users have worked closely to create a set of values that make sure people who use our services get the best possible chance of a rapid recovery.
We have 3 key priorities which are:
- Early and Effective Intervention
- Helping People to Live Well
- Research and Innovation
The cultural pillars that help us achieve our key priorities are:
- We value each other
- We are empowered
- We keep things simple
- We are connected
By coming to work at Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust you will be joining a Trust with a national reputation for research, where services recognise that research underpins its commitment to providing high quality and innovative clinical care.
As an applicant for this role, you are urged to demonstrate within your supporting statement a combination of evidence that reflects your competence to meet the job specification and provide examples of how C&I values are an integral part of the way you have and will continue to deliver service.Band 5 Staff Nurse (Based in St Pancras Hospital)Rehabilitation - Long Term High Dependency Unit
Cmden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust in partnership with Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust are delighted to announce the opening of a new 14 bedded Long Term High Dependency recovery-orientated inpatient rehabilitation service for people with a primary diagnosis of a psychotic illness, and who also have significant treatment challenges and may at times be a risk to themselves or to others.
Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust and Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust as above invites skilled and conscientious Nurses and Support staff to apply for the posts of Registered Mental Health Nurses and Healthcare Support Workers. We welcome applicants that will be creative and a sense of clinical curiosity in their approach to developing and maintaining high quality mental health care for service users in the rehabilitation pathway
Mental health rehabilitation is a whole systems approach to recovery from mental illness that maximises an individual's quality of life and social inclusion by encouraging their skills, promoting independence and autonomy in order to give them hope for the future. Rehabilitation helps people with severe psychosis to make the transition to successful community living.
It is expected that the post holder works to ensure that the care provided respects equality and diversity; is supportive of service users and their carers - agreeing the best approach to meeting individuals' mental health, physical health, and recovery, social, spiritual and recreational care needs.We want:
Expression of Interest candidates are also welcome to apply!! Benefits
- Caring and creative individuals who have a positive approach to work and a strong multi-disciplinary team-working ethic
• Candidates who are experienced in the provision of safe and professional care, have a good awareness of risk management and an in-depth knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
• Candidates with excellent communication skills and attention to detail in clinical documentation and all correspondence.
- A supportive working environment with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
- An opportunity to teach and mentor junior staff and students and to receive training and development in response to your own professional needs where applicable.
- An opportunity to influence and develop a key component in a well-established Rehabilitation and Recovery Care Pathway in a multi-ethnic & vibrant area of central London
- Cycle to work scheme and Season ticket loans
- Discounted Gym Membership
The Band 5 Posts are full time posts.
In line with NHS protocols, only those applicants who demonstrate clearly how they meet our person specification will be shortlisted for interview. We regret that it is not possible to contact all applicants for every vacancy. If you have not been contacted within 4-6 weeks of the closing date please assume you have not been shortlisted for the next stage
We reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions, when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. We are an employer committed to Equal Opportunities and Diversity, with a range of family friendly policies.
For more information please go to Camden & Islington NHS FT website.