Lerwick, Dunoon, Portree, Gairloch England -
Aldershot, Basingstoke, Melksham, Oxford, Poole, Reading, Salisbury, Slough, Swindon, West London, Yeovil. Salary:
Circa £10,500+ a range of other benefits to support yourfamily, finances and wellbeing.Salary upon finishing the apprenticeship programme circa £26,500. Working Pattern:
Permanent | Full Time What is the Role?
We have several Apprenticeship opportunities across Distribution which includeFitter, Jointer, and Linesperson roles:
The linesperson carries out installation, maintenance and repair on our overhead line system. This involves working at height from either a ladder or mobile elevated working platform.
The cable jointer carries out work on our underground electricity network, this could be "fault" type work or planed work such as supply upgrades etc.
A fitter would normally carry out work in our electricity substation, this includes the repair and maintenance of plant such as transformers etc.
What do I need?
- The programme can take 3 to 4 years to complete and is centred on work based learning andtraining linked directly to the job.
- By the end of the programme you'll have gained valuable on-the job experience, new skills and the industry recognised accreditation, Power Network Craftsperson (PNC) which is a national accredited Level 3 qualification, enabling you to have the opportunity to build a rewarding and successful career in the energy sector.
- You will be supported by a our Apprentice Programme Manager, a dedicated mentor, your SSE colleagues who you'll work with during your on the job training and also by the support you will receive from your college tutors.
- The majority of our apprentices attend college on a block release arrangement for several weeks at any one time; this will mean you may have to live away from home for short periods of time but we will support you fully during this time.
We're looking to recruit the best future talent for our sector - and we know that it's not all about qualifications. We're more interested in your innate strengths and the qualities you can bring to SSE.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to:
About our Business
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to use your initiative, be resilient to the continual changes within our sector and always focussed on delivering great results.
- You'll have a thirst for knowledge and be able to pick up new skills quickly, working with others to achieve common goals and adjusting your behaviour to reflect the diversity of our workforce and customer base.
- Naturally, you'll have a focus on safety and will adhere to our company motto "if it's not safe, we don't do it."
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we're ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life's changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects. What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more. Next Steps
All applications should be submitted online.
If you would like a confidential informal discussion about this role before applying, to discuss anyworking differently requirements oradjustments you may require, please contact [email protected]
to arrange a call.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal recordsand credit check.