Join our Logistics Compliance team, partnering with Amazon's WW Transportation & Logistics leaders to identify and mitigate risk in a rapidly growing and complex, global environment. We are looking for individuals who can apply their knowledge of operations and internal controls to a diverse set of risk areas including compliance, process, technology, legal, finance, and program management. In this role, you will work closely with Amazon logistics and transportation businesses to understand their nuanced risk landscapes. You will also partner with various legal, finance, and compliance teams to optimize compliance programs that will include designing and executing risk assessments, designing governance programs, and evaluating policies.
• Work across transportation teams and other business partners to identify and assess regulatory and compliance risks, as it relates to our 3P carriers.
• Drive cross-functional assessments of risks and controls to align to company strategy and risk appetite.
• Develop a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls in place that support all compliance programs.
• Assist with linking policies, standard operating procedures, internal controls, monitoring, and reporting with the goal of improving operations, compliance policies, and risk management.
• Collaborate with project teams in developing business requirements and business controls in implementations.
• Drive process improvement and control implementation projects.
• Drive documentation of processes, risks, and controls and work with owners to assign accountability.
• Partner with the Quality Assurance team to design risk-based audit programs.
• Deliver quality risk reports that are effectively written with practical, actionable, and value-added recommendations.
• 5+ years of Risk, Audit, Compliance, Internal Controls, Legal, HR Compliance, and/or Labor Employment experience.
• BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience).
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Supply chain experience.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead projects.
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
• Demonstrated track record of managing through influence.
• Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings.
• Able to work effectively with multiple teams.
• CPA, CMA, CISA, CIA or similar risk, audit, or compliance credentials.
• Auditing and/or compliance skills (e.g., SOX, SOC, etc.).
• Proven Transportation or Supply Chain industry experience, preferably in a similar role, within a high-volume logistics, environment.
• Understanding of basic data analytical skills and tools such as Tableau, SQL (intermediate to advanced).
• Foreign language written and verbal skills (Spanish, French, Italian and/or German) a plus.
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management.
• Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment.