Join our Logistics Compliance team, partnering with Amazon's Transportation & Logistics leaders to identify and mitigate risk in a rapidly growing and complex, global environment for the UK. We are looking for individuals who can apply their knowledge of operations and internal controls to a diverse set of risk areas including compliance, process, technology, legal, finance, and program management. In this role, you will lead a team to work closely with Amazon logistics and transportation businesses to understand their nuanced risk landscapes. You will also partner with various legal, finance, and compliance teams to optimize compliance programs that will include designing and executing risk assessments, designing governance programs, and evaluating policies.
• Work across transportation teams and other business partners to identify and assess regulatory and compliance risks as it relates to our 3P carriers
• Lead a team to deliver a compliance program against a pre-defined audit checklist and code of conduct in line with an annual audit timetable, generate remediation plans, deep dives and root cause fix action plans
• Review new and existing 3P carriers ensuring that they meet compliance, safety, terms of service standards, investigate suspicious 3P carrier / driver activity and behaviours that could pose a risk to Amazon, our customers, or others
• Drive cross-functional assessments of risks and controls to align to company strategy and risk appetite. Be able to assess the real situation sometimes with limited information in hand in order to make an independent decision about the 3P carrier integrity and compliance standard
• Design and deliver compliance programs including defining supplier audit criteria, audit cadence, and risk rankings. Partner with the Controls Assurance team to design risk-based audit programs
• Develop a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls in place that support all compliance programs
• Assist with linking policies, standard operating procedures, internal controls, monitoring, and reporting with the goal of improving operations, compliance policies, and risk management
• Collaborate with project teams in developing business requirements and business controls in implementation plans
• Drive process improvement and control implementation projects
• Drive documentation of processes, risks, and controls and work with owners to assign accountability
• Deliver quality risk reports that are effectively written with practical, actionable, and value-added recommendations
• Willing to travel up to 50% of working time, sometimes at short notice
• 10+ years of Legal, Labor Employment, Risk, Internal Controls, LEAN quality experience or similar.
• 10+ years of people management
• Qualified transport manager with at least a CPC qualification and strong fleet management experience
• BA/BSc degree (or equivalent experience)
• Experience in auditing 3P contractors
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead large teams and programs
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must (including English language)
• Demonstrated track record of managing through influence
• Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings
• Able to work effectively with multiple teams
• CPA, CMA, CISA, CIA or similar risk, audit, or compliance credentials.
• Auditing and/or compliance skills (e.g., SOX, SOC, etc.).
• CILT (Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport)
• Understanding of basic data analytical skills and tools such as Tableau, SQL (intermediate to advanced).
• Ability to thrive in a start-up like environment