About Amazon: Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon WW Operations formed a centralized team, Transportation Rick Compliance (TRC), to partner with Amazon's Transportation & Logistics business operations to identify and mitigate risk in a rapidly growing and complex, global environment. To support the business, we are continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services. The Quality Assurance (QA) team is seeking a high-performing data driven Sr. Risk Manager with a penchant for process improvement. In this role you will lead the Quality Assurance & Training function in the EU-6 which will include the reporting of transportation & logistics business level compliance. You will work with field audit team, business, legal, and technology teams to identify defects, close gaps, develop and execute the build-out of sustainable and systematic QA solutions.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Lead the development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the QA program in EU-6
• Monitor and report on Quality metrics and deep dive anomalies
• Develop accurate and relevant closed-loop QA processes, identify defects and execute associated remediation plans to improve transportation audit quality
• Own comprehensive region level training program (internal and external stakeholders)
• Support the development and launch of new audit programs/products
• Continuously look for opportunities to streamline QA processes, improve SLA, and reduce cost
• Completed Bachelor's Degree in engineering, operations, statistics, finance, or related field from leading university
• At least 6 years of program/product management experience, delivering large-scale, cross-functional programs in support of business goals
• Expertise in problem solving ambiguous issues through logical thinking, root cause analysis and developing robust solutions
• Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to problem solve and prioritize with little guidance.
• Demonstrated skills and ability to implement and follow up improvement plans
• High attention to detail and proven ability to independently and simultaneously manage complex, multiple, competing priorities
• Excellent business judgment and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Willingness to travel up to 15%
• Language proficiency German, Italian, Spanish, or French
• Experience/certification in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies
• MBA or Master's Degree in a related field
• Experience in delivering and maintaining quality assurance programs like Quality Management System in large scale operations, manufacturing or supply chain
• Ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.