Software Engineer - Payments Join our digital transformation
A global force in B2B e-commerce, our team is responsible for over 60 websites worldwide. We are pioneers, innovators and disruptors in the world of B2B e-commerce. We are on a journey of digital transformation, experimenting with new tools and services that put customers at the heart of everything we do. Make an impact as a Software Engineer - Payments
o Do you want to launch resilient services to handle over a billion pounds worth of payments each year?
o Are you the kind of software engineer that knows quality is a team effort and everyone gets involved at all stages?
o Do you want to craft products you're proud of and improve the systems, the process and the people around you?
o Do you want to get involved in disrupting the technology market with innovative ideas?
o Do you take pride in deploying reliable software solutions to customers and supporting and improving applications in production?
o Agile, XP, Lean, Pairing, TDD, championing automation and driving CI/CD with a delivery focus. Do all of these come to mind when thinking about great ways to work? As a Software Engineer - Payments
you will have accountability for:
• Building and enhancing a service to authenticate, authorise and settle payments as well as tokenising payment details to ensure PCI and PSD2 compliance
• Integrating third-party PSPs such as Cybersource and Adflex
• Integrating new payment methods such as PayPal, WeChatPay, etc.
• Projects ranging from an entirely new green-field development with the ability to define the art of the possible through to stabilising and enhancing existing legacy applications.
• Supporting and owning activities to continue to develop RS Online into agile engineering and technology led company
• Owning the technical solution and delivery from inception to production and beyond Fuelling your passion:
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have significant/substantial commercial experience with microservices
• Able to write high performance and thoroughly tested production code
• Have a good understanding of Docker, Deployment tools and infrastructure/DevOps best practices
• Be a team player who wants to strive forwards together and not as individuals and a passion to mentor others. The Stack
We use the following technologies and we're completely open for people to bring their own experiences and change to make the engineering culture better.
Java, Node.js, GraphQL, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, AWS Lambda's (serverless)
SQL (RDBMS), NOSQL databases
AWS services - Route 53, API Gateway, DynamoDB
Docker, Terraform, HashiCorp stack, DataDog
JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, Postman
JMeter, Gatling Working with us
We want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential, share your ideas and make them happen. We want you to feel supported and listened to by a team that celebrates individuality and independent thought, encourages different perspectives and embraces every background. Flexible Working
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In the Backend Engineer role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
The Good Stuff
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
We have an outstanding benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 10% Bonus
- 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase a further week)
- Extremely generous contributory Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Life assurance
- Working remotely from home or any other work location & Working flexible hours
We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937. Today, we're using digital technology to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the one-stop-shop for industrial parts and electronic components. Join Us!
Do you want to join our digital revolution? Can you help deliver amazing things for our customers? Do you want to see your software engineering turn into cutting-edge solutions? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!