The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future. We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cybercrime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes. What the role is about:-
An experienced Software Engineer is required for a software development project for one of our key customers. This role will perform requirements analysis, software design, develop code, unit testing, and develop supporting artefacts following the disciplines and practices of BAE Systems. It combines the skills of coding or scripting and process reengineering so we are looking for a good breadth of knowledge across the disciplines of software development and how software is deployed. A Security Clearance of SC is a mandatory requirement for this role What you will do in the role:
What we are looking for from you:
- Design, code, test and document large/complex software projects from supplied specifications as directed by the Software Engineering Lead.
- Logically analyse code defects and provide timely fixes.
- Contribute to the quality of the software development team through peer review and support of more junior team members.
- Produce software engineering artefacts (specification/design) to support development and delivery.
- Work closely with other teams (architects, infrastructure, testing) to ensure the seamless integration of code to the overall solution.
- Deliver software meets high quality and delivery standards and that quality code is on time and budget.
- Deploy code into dev, test and production environments using the CI tooling and packaging appropriate for the environment.
- 3 + years of development experience
- Demonstrated high productivity in design, code and unit test
- Experience in: Core:
- Jira and other Atlassian tools
- Java 8
- Spring Boot Preferred:
- Experience in building mission-based software applications in structured environments
- Experience in agile/iterative and continuous development/integration environments
- Preference for experience in Data routing and transformation software, such as Nifi
- Preference for Deployment experience. I.e. relevant skills in Docker and other containerised approaches
- Really good team working and communication skills.
A SC Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will not be considered for the role. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here. About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes. Why you should join us:
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we're constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. You'll be part of a big company, but we try to create a culture that feels more like a small one. The work will stretch you and be challenging, but we encourage a healthy work-life balance and welcome a discussion on flexible working. Most of all, we know teams who work well together also perform well. We'll do everything we can to ensure you have fun at work, and in social activities outside of it.Diversity and inclusion
are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence and we strongly value our Diversity and Inclusion strategy which outlines how we will achieve balance through focussing on the five pillars of Inclusive Leadership, Diverse Teams, Indigenous Opportunity, Agile Work and Advancing the Next Generation. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities along with discussions about flexible working.About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.