Software Development Engineer Location: Towcester ID: 121251 Mentor Graphics
, A Siemens Business, is committed to helping our clients develop better products faster and more efficiently. Our FloMASTER
software, a 1D computation fluid dynamic solution leads the market, helping companies maximise their return on investment at every stage. To ensure this product is developing the answers our client's needs we strengthening the team specifically for Software Development Engineer
, who will use their technical skills to ensure the further development the tool's capabilities.
- Collaborating with Product Management to translate Engineering Requirements into elegant working software.
- Collaborating with the R&D group to design, prototype and develop new capabilities
- Developing FloMASTER's underlying solution algorithms, mathematical models and physical models within the framework of a large existing code base.
- Developing within an Agile Environment by working closely with other members of the Agile Team daily.
Technical skills/knowledge will be quite important, based either in Maths, Physics or Engineering, at the Graduate or Post-Graduate level, you will join a team of other Development Engineers, who are available for coaching, mentoring and training in the role.What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Comprehensive understanding of software development methodologies, tools and techniques, especially Agile and Waterfall approaches.
- Experience of mathematical modelling, numerical techniques and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics
- An understanding of Fluid Dynamics*, Engineering Software and Unit/Integration Test.
- Previous experience and application of object-oriented design (OOD) and object-oriented programming (OOP) using either C#, C++ or Java.
FloMASTER Development Team Video.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens Industry Software| Mentor Graphics is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you finish the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability.
#LI-PLM Job ID:
Mentor Graphics (UK) LimitedExperience Level:
Early ProfessionalJob Type: