In Insurance Consulting we advise and provide solutions to insurance companies on the assessment and management of risk. Our client base includes more than three-quarters of the world's leading insurers. Whether in life or property and casualty insurance. However, we are increasingly being called upon as risk specialists across a variety of industries. The Role *** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
Opening Date: 5th September 2019
Closing Date: 31st January 2020
Location: Cambridge & Reigate
Our 8-week Intern Programme is designed for penultimate year students.
An Internship at Willis Towers Watson will give you valuable real-world experience while you are still a student. It will enable you to apply your education in an environment that is both challenging and rewarding. At the end of your time with us, you will have a greater understanding of what we do and how closely our career offerings match your career aspirations. You will be treated in the same way as our new graduates receiving the same quality and quantity of work. It is the perfect opportunity to gain an insight into what you could expect if you joined our graduate programme the following year.
The role of the Software Engineering Team is to create, maintain and deliver software to some of the most well-known global insurance companies and the many hundreds of internal consultant users in the Insurance Consulting and Technology business. As a Software Engineering graduate, the role is intentionally varied and will involve you discussing functionality with consultants, proposing solutions and generating prototypes, understanding and coding algorithms ensuring that time and memory constraints are satisfied, iterating user interfaces and researching new technologies and tools.
You will be involved in all aspects of professional software development life cycle using the latest tools and techniques to deliver complex software of the highest quality. You will learn how software is produced and experience all aspects of today's industry best practices. This includes but is not limited to:
- Understanding what our clients need and how to solve those needs
- Developing high-performance software using various technologies on multiple platforms
- Creating an engaging user experience through clean and crisp user interfaces
- Delivering quality using the latest test and automation techniques
- Deployment to complex client IT infrastructures
This is all done within small agile teams that collaboratively contribute to the effective delivery of quality software. Career Path & Qualification
As a graduate at Willis Towers Watson, you have a world of opportunity ahead of you. As a Software Engineer, you will drive your own career progression, moving into software architecture, project management or progressing through education, training and experience to become a subject matter expert in software development.
We offer graduates the flexibility to study towards a range of qualifications from both technical and business disciplines depending on the needs of the business and individuals.The Requirements
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical or analytic discipline with a reasonable understanding of Mathematics is required
It would also be an advantage to possess the following skills:
- Experienced in the breadth of the software development lifecycle, with the flexibility to work from architecture decisions to system level testing
- Experience of writing software in an object oriented mainstream language (C#, C++, Java)
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies
- Appreciation of algorithm and software performance.
Online application, including CV Stage
Online testing Stage
Video interview - i n partnership with the
Bright Network, we have created an academy module on 'How to Ace your Video
Interview'. Click here to sign up and watch
Offer and on-boarding
Equal Opportunity Employer
Start date for the UK Intern Programme will be the end of June 2020.